Thursday, 26 July 2007

The New Lace Pillow

After many years of searching, I have finally been able to buy myself a roller pillow for lace making. I searched on eBay one day and there it was. I had to check twice to make sure I wasn't mistaken. There was no way that I was going to miss out on that pillow.


The great thing is now I can happily make metres of lace, although I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with it. I think I will start with a few simple patterns from Elwyn Kenn's book "Point Ground Patterns from Australia". I have tried a few out before on a round pillow, with success, but the pieces were only small.

I think I will try and make a few metres of one of the long lengths and then turn it into a garter for a wedding present. But first I need to finish all the other projects I have been working on.

No comments: