Friday, 31 August 2007

Angel of Harmony

The angel is going quite well. I have finally made my way right down to the palest colours. Progress has been slow as "The Chicken" has been unwell recently and quite clingy. Carrying a one year old around and cross stitching are not two things that go together very well. I had to try!!!

I think after the Angel of Harmony is completed, I will try Teresa Wentzler's beginner whitework project. I have purchased the linen, which I will tea stain first to give it a slightly different look. I think this project will be good as it will give me a chance to practice a few more stitches. Finally I will be able to start using some of my wonderful stash that I received for my birthday. My hand sewing skills are a little on the ordinary side, so this will also be a chance to practice these skills and make this whitework project into something useful. Not sure what yet, I will have to think on that one for a while.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Great work on your angel, and I love that whitework!

KaLu said...

you made great progress since your last update! and I know what you mean, my bubble is like that on the weekends I'm thinking its because I work the rest of the week and she just wants to spend time with me, lol she even fights with my mom who takes care of her the other days lol

Itching To Stitch said...

Angel of Harmony is so pretty. You must be very pleased with your progress ;)