Tuesday, 21 August 2007

The ANZAC Mat Is Finished, Yeah!!!

After a very, very long time, the ANZAC mat is finally finished!

I finished the border around the mat, soaked it in Napisan and then tea-stained the mat. The worst part was trying to pin the mat out on a cork board and square the whole thing up. I spent so long trying, the mat was almost dry by the time I finished. Also I had lost a significant amount of skin on my thumb pressing the pins into the board. I think maybe I need a foam board next time.

Well that's one outstanding job done and not so many more to go. I think my resolution is actually working. Incidentally, I looked up a little more information about our ANZACS. If you would like more information here is a great link.

No comments: