Friday, 21 September 2007

Angel of Harmony - The Next Installment

I am finally on the home straight. Just the back and straight stitches and the french knots to go. I can't believe it has taken this long to finish. I am pretty pleased with her and the stitching has been easy, with no confetti or fractional stitching. I am going to use some metallics on the back stitching of her dress and some blending filament on the straight stitching of her wings.

I have already chosen my next project, which is going to be the Teresa Wentzler Beginner Whitework Ornament. This is one of many of her free designs and is a great way of practicing some of the specialty stitches.


I have selected my first person to receive some Christmas Ornament patterns, so congratulations Karen, I will be posting them off to you this week. I will get back to you soon with the last two people who have been selected.

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Angel is coming along real well... Happy dance anytime now :)

Emily said...

She is lovely!

Gina said...

Great job on your angel! The whitework is a nice pattern as well!

Little Grey Cat said...

Oohh, I won. Thank you and I'm really looking forward to receiving the Ornament patterns :o)

Angel of Harmony is looking fantastic. She is really pretty. I love the colours in her. I think she is by the same person who did Snow Princess in one of the UK magazines a couple of years ago. I started her but never finished her. In fact I just threw her away this morning as she was on linen and I just struggle too much on it - I'm an aida girl through and through.

KaLu said...

she looks great! the color are really pretty

KaLu said...

i would love too!!!!

what do i need to do??

hope the chicken is feeling better now

samplerlover said...

Thank you for your kind comments on The Token. Yes Karen is a lovely lady. I hope you enjoy your trip up the mountain. Its VERY windy up here at the moment. I don't know what its like down your end.

Moni said...

What a lovely angel! You are doing really a great job with it! Congrats!
Thank you for sharing the link to the Whitework Ornament as well, I have fallen in love with it!

Thank you so much also for your very kind comments on my blog, you cannot imagine how happy and honoured I am, reading them!
You are right, this must be the season for illnesses, even though we are on the other side of the world! The change in seasons from Winter to Spring in your case and from Summer to Autumn for me, always causes colds and flu, especially in kids...poor little ones! :o(
I hope your adorable "Little Chicken" has completely recovered now. She is so sweet and beautiful! You did a great job with her, too!...LOL..
All my friendship from Italy,
Monica

Beatrice said...

Oh My she is beautiful.!!!! She should be done soon.

Jaimie said...

Hi Squazi! Your angel is just lovely. I can't wait to see her done. Thank you for welcoming me at my blog and all your nice comments. I look forward to visiting with you! Have a great day!

samplerlover said...

Hi, just thought I'd let you know if you aren't aware of it that the Leura Fair is on this weekend. Always worth a trip up the mountains.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love yours, ive added it to my google reader :)
The angel is gorgeous

Marita said...

She is a beautiful angel. Great work.

That whitework ornament looks interesting. Am tempted to give it a go myself. Thank you for the link.