Thursday, 25 October 2007

A Depressing Day and a Whinge!

DH is in hospital today getting his nose fixed. He has been having real problems breathing and it causes him to snore badly. He finally decided that he just could not put up with it any longer and his sleeping difficulties.

Unfortunately I don't drive, so he had to rely on my Father to take him to the hospital. I feel a little depressed because he has to be alone for the whole time and I won't see him until tomorrow when he comes home. The annoying thing is that everyone is too busy to take me to the hospital to see him and with a 14 month old it's not easy getting around on public transport, especially when you need to use two bus services and carry a pram.

I very rarely ask for help, but the times I do, everyone seems to be too busy or have more important things to do. This operation has not come as a surprise, we have known since August that it would be today. I don't know, am I being selfish and whinging unnecessarily??

9 comments:

Gina said...

I don't think you're being selfish at all. It's tough managing public transport with a young child...I've almost given up trying to deal with Italian trains and my two year old at once. Don't feel guilty.

Little Cat said...

It is virtually impossible to travel with youngsters on public transport. I just wont do it.

I don't think you're being selfish and I it seems strange that everyone is 'too busy' on a midweek evening to take you to visit your DH.

Wish I could help you out honey but it's a bit far coming half way round the world lol.

Lelia said...

Stay at home & phone often. Public Transp is no place for little ones IMO.

Perhaps something will change & you may get a lift after all.

Bliss said...

(hugs) I wish I could have helped. Having a toddler at a hospital would also have been a nightmare.

Ranae said...

I am so sorry, you cant make it to the hospital to be with your DH.
I am sure he wants you there too.
You will just have to spoil him when he comes home;) for loss time.
Take Care

Our Red House said...

I am so sorry that you are unable to visit your husband in hospital. Is it close enough to travel by taxi? I don't think that you are being selfish at all. Hugs.

kate

Moni said...

Oh...how I understand you! I have two kids, and my heart is really with you.
I know what you mean, I always try and manage on my own, but sometimes this is NOT possible with kids and then I have to ask help, too. Like you, I rarely do that, and when I do, it means that I really have a need. It is so sad and such a depressing experience when you realize that others do not understand your condition or seem to be too busy for you.
I am very sad learning that you could not stay with your DH yesterday...A bit strange that they could not organize things, knowing about this operation since August.
No, you are not selfish at all, in my opinion, you are very sweet.
I hope that the operation went well, how your Dh is today? My husband should do the same operation, you know? He has the same problem with his nose. He goes on putting off this thing, and I am happy since I am a bit afraid...!
Hugs from Italy,
Monica

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your are not being selfish, I drive and at times find it difficult to take the kids anywhere, they are such a handful it is sometimes easier to stay at home. I hope that all goes well with you DH's operation.

Lili said...

Well, the problem would be handling the baby in the hospital. You could've used a taxi but hospitals are no good for babies...
I hope your DH is now recovering as fast as possible.
Oh, and you should learn driving too! Driving is freedom. Here's my best advice, you won't be sorry... (wink!).
Take care!
Lili