Tuesday, 2 October 2007

A Long Weekend

We had such an excellent long weekend. We all went for a visit to the zoo. This was Aurelia's first visit to the zoo and she just didn't know where to look. She just sat and stared at all the animals with great fascination. Finally it all became just too much and she fell asleep after lunch. Thankfully she woke up again just as we were about to leave, so she was able to see the lions, tigers and elephants. Her favorites! Obviously we couldn't leave empty handed, the lucky girl left with a stuffed elephant, tiger and red panda.



Yesterday we took a trip up into the Blue Mountains to visit a lovely place called Mount Hay. It was quite a long drive out there on a rough dirt track, but well worth the visit. The scenery is spectacular and gives a different perspective to the Blue Mountains. Unfortunately is was so windy that we were unable to go for a walk. The wind was so strong that the car was rocking back and forth and my dear husband was blown off his feet by a strong gust :) LOL. The bush was beautiful as there were plenty of native plants in flower and the bush seems to be recovering quite well from last years bushfires.



It's now time to get back to the stitching and begin the next project!!

PS. The poll has now closed, so thank you for voting. It seems that most of you have somewhere between two and five cross-stitch projects going at once, and two brave people who have ten or more. How do they manage to juggle all of those?

12 comments:

Anita said...

It is such a cute sleeping picture. I just love baby pictures. I do take a lot of pictures of my 4 years old.

If you have some trains or christmas charts, please let me know so I can finish up my christmast quilt. thank you so much.

ann62texas@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Lovely pictures

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! What an adorable baby :)

It's been so nice to meet so many people.

Have a wonderful day,
Michelle

Emily said...

Nice pictures! I missed your poll.. hmm. I used to be a strict OOATer but now I am in the 2-5 range. Variety is nice. But 10+ eeks! :)

Ranae said...

Hi! Aurelia looks so sweet and comfy.

samplerlover said...

What a beautiful photo of Aurelia. Funny my boys used to do that when we used to go to the zoo at that age. Bet she'll love the stuffed animals for years.

Yes it was incredibly windy over the weekend. Still is up here. One of those awful days when we hope no goose goes and lights a fire. Hubby and 1 son are in the RFS and they are on standby up at the shed.

samplerlover said...

By the way with your poll I usually have one large one on the go. One in the planning stage and the odd small one when I get sick of doing the large one. But if I have a family birthday coming up I might drop everything and do that as a gift for whoever is going to receive it.

karin said...

What an adorable Aurelia!
The stuffed toy may become her treasure.
I read a trip very interestingly.
I want to go sometime, too.

karin

Jaimie said...

Cute picture! I missed the poll but I have six going right now, if that includes the two I kind of gave up on. :)

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog.

Your little Aurelia is an adorable baby!!

samplerlover said...

Hi Squazi, spent the day visiting my Mum and Dad in Sydney today. Completely different from yesterday. My son who is in the RFS ended up at the fire in Wentworth Falls. They are not happy with 11 year olds at the moment. Heard that Saturday might be like Wednesday, weatherwise. Have a good weekend. - Sandra.

Little Grey Cat said...

Aww just look at her! She's so gorgeous :o)

What a lovely finish in your last post too. I think she's really pretty. I missed that update - oops!