Sunday, 7 October 2007

Sew on and sew on.......

I have started the Teresa Wentzler beginners white work project, but with mixed results. I am using some 28 count cashel linen, but the stitches are looking a little uneven. I think that has to do with the unevenness of the linen. I have been very careful not to pull to tightly with the stitches, but they still look pulled. Oh well, it is my first attempt at white work, so I really can't complain.

I have also managed to finish some of my outstanding work. The first was a Beatrix Potter design that I was supposed to get finished before "The Chicken" was born and the other design is a Christmas wreath. Only a few more outstanding designs to go.

Here is a cute picture of Aurelia. You spend so much money on toys and what do they want to play with?????

7 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

The 'Chicken' is so cute at the zoo and playing with clothes pegs. Angel of Harmony looks wonderful, congratulations on your finish.

Kajsa said...

Yup, they always like the box that the toy came in better! Your finishes are so pretty, I liked your Angel of Harmony as well.

It seems like speciality stitches always come out a bit uneven on linen, have you tried them on evenweave?

Barbara said...

The whitework looks good, ensure the linen is pulled taut in your frame.

Those bunnies look sooo cute just like how the 'Chicken' is amusing herself! :D

samplerlover said...

Love your Beatrix Potter. I have a good collection of her books and china mugs, plates and things.

Your whitework looks good. I always like doing it on linen and thats just typical childlike behaviour. You spend a fourtune on toys and its the little things that they love. She's very cute.

Little Grey Cat said...

Aww look at her! She's so cute lol. I know what you mean, Riley's favourite toy at the moment is his plastic breakfast dish that cost £1 lol.

I do love that Beatrix Potter. Those bunnies are gorgeous. I don't have any suggestions for your whitework though as I've never tried it. I think it looks really pretty though. I can't see anything wrong with it at all.

Lelia said...

All your stitching is wonderful -- I esp enjoy the bunnies : )

KaLu said...

LOL Aurelia is soo adorable!

I have the same problem, one day I came home to find a cup a plate and a bunch of sppoons in her crib ... she's tired of all her toys!