Monday, 15 October 2007

Time for an update!

This week Aurelia had her first hair cut. Apart from looking around and not being able to keep still, she was really good for the hairdresser. They even gave her a cute little finish to her hair. We also went out for a beautiful Yum Cha lunch. Aurelia really enjoyed this, polishing off two steamed dim sims, a rice noodle cake and three-quarters of a mango custard. We think she must have hollow legs??? Mind you, she wasn't really interested in dinner that night.


On the sewing front, I have had horribly sweating hands (eeww! TMI) and have not been able to touch my sewing for most of the week. I am very unhappy about this, but there is nothing I can do about it. We had a little cooler weather on Saturday, so I was able to finish a few bits which I am going to make into small pincushions.


I thought it was time to share my immense stash that I recently purchased on ebay. I know that I am a believer in supporting your LNS, but believe me, now I have heaps more that I need to purchase from the LNS as most of the designs require specialty thread.



PS. There are some more photos to come of all the patterns I purchased as well.

9 comments:

samplerlover said...

Hi, how are you today. Love the haircut. Its good when you have no trouble with your little kids when they get their hair cut. On the sweaty hands. When it is very hot I usually have a damp face washer in one of those sandwich type bags. When my hands feel hot I usually wipe them on it. It usually works. Another thing that usually works is a little bit of baby power sprinkled on your hands. But clap them together a few times to get rid of the residue.

Jaimie said...

Squazi, Come on over, I have a surprise for you!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your little piece are cute, and I love the threads that you received.

Ranae said...

She is adorable with that new hair cut.
The fall squares are cute little things, lol.
And I love them colorful threads woohoo!!
Happy Stitching!!

Barbara said...

Chicken is so cute!

Lovely little stitching. They'll make great pin cushions for sure!

Beatrice said...

She is a beauty thats for sure. The haircut suits her.
The threads are amazing. The colors!!!WOW

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your smile award! You make me smile too:)

Cheryl said...

She's cute!
Lovely little finishes and great stash haul :)

KaLu said...

she looks adorable!!!!!! i should take alondra to your hairdresser as she desperatly needs a hair cut!

I also wanted to let you know that i received the xmas ornaments charts..thank you soooo sooo much! i want to start one right away