Monday, 26 November 2007

And the winner is........


This weekend we had our Federal election to vote for our great nations government. Well for better or worse, we have a new Prime Minister, Mr Kevin Rudd. Lets just hope that he does the right thing for our country.

I had a great weekend, I picked up a whole lot of Fisher Price toys for Aurelia that I bought on eBay and she hasn't left them alone since. We also went up the mountains to the fruit growing area, Bilpin and bought a box of yummy cherries,peaches, nectarines and plums. Then last night I discovered that Aurelia, the great disliker of fruit will eat cherries. Victory at last for mum!!!


On the sewing front, I started the
Blue Ribbon Designs "A Christmas Wish of Health and Happiness". I am really enjoying stitching on linen, I miss working on it so much. The Amish Quilt is nearly finished and only requires to be sewn onto it's hanger, so I will post a picture as soon as that's done. I have also signed up for Fair and Square Round #5 and I am looking forward to stitching on linen again and making some new stitching friends. I am very excited about this!! I have almost finished compiling my Stitching goals for 2008. I am hoping to get at least two large designs done and complete plenty of smaller designs.

PS. We have been very lucky and had a whole lot of rain last week. The garden is looking better than ever, but the lawn seems to grow before your very eyes. Oh yeah, the ironing pile is now half of what it was last week. I am so bad!!


9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I heard on the news you had a change of government over there.
Regarding that chart, will you email me cherylthomas3000 at yahoo dot com

Little Cat said...

Mmmm, cherries! I love cherries.

You're already working on your 2008 goals? wow, that's dedication lol. I've not even thought about my December goals yet :o)

Jaimie said...

Congratulations on the change in government. I hope it is a good one. Those cherries look delicious!

nicky said...

Fair and Square is a lot of fun! Those cherries look soooo yummy!
Nicky

Michelle said...

I really like Blue Ribbon Designs~a few freebies in my stash pile. I wish I could get my hands on some cherries! Have a few for me. Michelle

karin said...

An appetizing cherry!
I love a cherry and I overeat myself and suffer from a stomachache.
I like designs of the blue ribbons, too. I look forward to the completion of your stitch.

karin

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, how are you. The computer hoggers have been on so I haven't had much time to check my favourite blogs lately.
Hasn't the rain been lovely. I know what you mean about the grass growing before your eyes. I think if they don't mow ours soon we will need a machete to get to the front door.
Thank God that we don't have to put up with all the election junk anymore. I think a million trees have lost there lives for it all. I sometimes think that it would be good to live in Liechtenstein where they only have a couple of days of it before their elections.
Ah cherries. Love them. I have a couple of trees in back garden. Its always a fight to see who gets them. The parrots or us. Although over the last couple of years it has been us.
You won't be disappointed with your trip up to Karens. All the GofS things are beautiful and you also get to see some of the new ornaments all ready made up by the designers from the December edition. - Take care - Sandra.

Emily said...

hmm perhaps I need some "official" stitching goals for next year too! Looking forward to seeing what yours are!

Marie-P said...

Thanks for the link to Blue Ribbon Design. I just printed the ornament chart. Yours looks great!