Sunday, 18 November 2007

What a Weekend

We have had such a busy weekend, with swimming lessons on Saturday morning, followed by Christmas shopping for "The Chicken" and then working in the garden. With the week of rain we had two weeks ago, the garden has gone mad making up for all the year of drought. So a job that should have take an hour has taken us all weekend. But boy does it look good and DH is now very, very tired!


This morning we went to the markets and I bought a whole lot of toys for Aurelia. She was very happy with all the new toys and the best part it all cost me less than $10 and a little elbow grease to get them all clean. I especially love the Fisher Price barn, it's missing all the little animals, but for the price I paid, I really can't complain.

Well, I am happy to say that the main body of the Amish Quilt is finished and now only requires the finishing touches to put it on the hanger. I haven't had much of a chance to get in some sewing this week. Aurelia decided that it was a good week to be super clingy and just climb all over mum whenever possible. I love it!

My goals for this year have been a dismal failure, I am so embarrassed by what I didn't achieve, that I have removed them from my blog. Instead, I am going to get some Christmas stitching done and then start on a freebie from Blue Ribbon Designs and then I will set my goals for 2008. This time I am not going to be too ambitious and I am going to try and finish all of the goals. I also finally received my latest purchase, a chart by The Drawn Thread called "Time Flies". I love the design and the colours used in this chart. Maybe part of my 2008 goals, who knows, but I shouldn't get to carried away just yet.


Finally, thank you again to all for the lovely comments about my craft room and the answers to my question of the week, it looks like most of us spend time sewing in front of the TV. These days I really enjoy blogging and everyday I look forward to your comments on my blog. There are so many beautiful people out there doing so much beautiful work. Thanks!!

9 comments:

Little Cat said...

Your garden looks lovely and tidy - just like your craft room lol. That quilt is so colourful. It's going to look lovely up on your walls.

Chiloe said...

Hi first time on your blog!!! Your garden is truly beautiful !!! Don't feel bad about not achieving your stitching goals for 2007. This is a hobby so there is no pressure to do anything else than having fun stitching ;-) Your craft room is so organize: a dream for every stitcher ;-)

Ranae said...

Oh! I realy love that Amish Quilt, it looks great. So what if you didnt achieve your goals (thats why I dont make them,lol) anyway you have been a great inspiration to me. Just take a stitch at a time and have fun.

Our Red House said...

Your garden is sensational. I love how green your grass is. Our's is really struggling.

I am hoping to get back into some stitching and knitting today. It's going to be 37 degrees; too hot to do anything else!

Emily said...

Very nice garden. Your freebie is coming along, such great colors!

Cheryl said...

Your amish quilt is gorgeous....so colourful :)

Lelia said...

don't sweat the 'goals' issue & please don't beat yourself up over not accomplishing ENOUGH. OK/sometimes other stuff is the priority & stitching goes on the back burner.

Lovely stitching in your post. I haven't done much lately -- gearing up for Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your garden looks great. Love the amish quilt it is gorgeous, great colours.

KaLu said...

WOW! your amish quilt looks soo diferent since your last update! its so pretty