Monday, 5 November 2007

Can I eat it Dad??

This has been a particularly difficult week. Aurelia has decided not to take her midday nap for some reason, so that by bedtime, we have one very grumpy and tired little chicken. We have had a good time at home though with DH. On Saturday after swimming lessons, Aurelia fell asleep in the car, so we decided to drive for a while so she could at least have one nap this week. Well, two hours later we were still driving, good thing we had a full tank of fuel. That night she was an angel and made no fuss about going to sleep. We think the reason she isn't sleeping, is that DH is at home and she don't want to miss out on anything going on. Oh well!!


I have been very busy doing a whole lot more sewing. I am about halfway with my Amish Quilt. For those who requested it, here is a link to what it will look like once finished. It's from a company called "Cross My Heart Inc". I have also tried my hand at a pendibulle. It hasn't come out too bad, but unfortunately the Aida I was given isn't exactly square. So even though I did exactly the same number of stitches down as across the square turned out to be a rectangle. On the whole though, I was pretty pleased with the result. I am going to make a few more of them (with different Aida) and fill them with some lavender, then give them away as Christmas gifts.

To answer a few questions, the Christmas designs come from a book called "Leisure Arts Best 250 Christmas Quickies". Unfortunately I just don't quite have the talent to design them myself. As for the cooking, well I have been trying a few different recipes with great success for DH and myself, but Aurelia is not particularly interested in salad, so we have had to give that one a miss, so it's back to sandwiches again. Boring!!!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely stitching all around and what a wonderful pendibulle finish. Thanks for the link, this is a finish that I'd want to try.

Beatrice said...

I love it. What a great finish thanks for the link for the pendibulle!!!
Chicken is a cutie.

Our Red House said...

Thanks for the tip about the book. I do like those Chrissie decorations.

Kate

Ranae said...

The pendibulle turned out great. It would make a great in the linen draw. The quilt is looking good.

Emily said...

Your pendibulle is really nice. I have to try one of those sometime! I hope your week improves!!

karin said...

Thanks for the link. Amish is a wonderful design. pendibulle is pretty, and I am good. I try it, too. Aurelia is very cute.

karin

Michelle said...

I love your Amish quilt. Great work, as always. That picture of Aurelia is adorable. What an angel.

Thanks for stopping by.

KaLu said...

ohh i hate it when they decide to change their sleeping schedule, alondra does it all the time, she's been going to bed around 10 for the last few days..*grrr*