Saturday, 29 December 2007

Christmas Gifts and Christmas Cheer

Well I hope you all had a great Christmas, because I certainly did. We started the day with helping my daughter open all her presents, although I think the actual opening was more exciting than what was in them. We then had a very yummy and filling lunch at my Mum's. We had antipasto platters, chicken soup, then turkey and pork with lots of roasted vegetables and finally for dessert we had a frozen pudding that I made, but forgot to take a photo. It had fresh mangoes, pineapple and strawberry puree with pistachio nuts, nougat and Grand Marnier, cream and sweetened condensed milk. Yum! After lunch we went to my SIL's house where we had more turkey and ham for dinner. Aurelia received more presents, but was more fascinated by the cats and everyone else's gifts.

On Thursday we went up to Dragonfly Dreams (my LNS) where I spent all of my garage sale and Christmas money on a tidy little stash. I now have all the fabric for my major projects and I have most of threads for them. I have decided to try my hand at stitching on some 36ct and 40ct fabric with one over one. Maybe a little ambitious, but I may as well while my eyesight is still good. Hahaha!

So here is what I purchased, Mill Hill beads, Kreinik blending filament, Whisper thread and beautiful Midnight Blue 32ct linen all for my Winter Angel design.

Thread Gatherer Silk'N'Colours thread and Needlepoint Silks and some 36ct and 40ct linen in antique white and cream for my Black Willow Farm and Pumpkin Farm projects.

Heaps of Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Weeks Dye Works threads and some 32ct linen for my 12 Blessings of Christmas project.


Finally, I also purchased some Q-Snaps, thread heaven and some Dinky Dye threads for my Scissor Fob Exchange and the next Fair and Square Round. Karen also very kindly threw in some complimentary patterns from Rosewood Manor and Blackbird Designs.


I can now show you the completed pendibulles I finished for my Grandmothers. I filled them each with lavender, so they can use them to scent their cupboards. I also started another little project on boxing day. This was a very lazy afternoon of eating, a little bush walking and more eating.


My little angel has been sick over the last few weeks. She had a fever and cold a week before Christmas, was well for about five days and now has another fever and cold, although today she seems much better. In addition to this, her whole routine has been thrown out as we have house guests and I think she is struggling with having strangers in the house. I am really looking forward to everything going back to normal.

Finally, I have had quite a lot of interest in the Lavender & Lace SAL. We will be starting on the weekend of the 26th and 27th of January and then be stitching one day a week from then on. If there is anyone interested in joining, please visit Lavender Angel Stitch-A-Long for more details.

21 comments:

Little Cat said...

Aww what lovely pictures of Aurelia opening her presents. Riley didn't have a clue what to do even when we showed him lol.

Great stash!

Ranae said...

That food sure sounds yummy right now :) Aurelia is such a cutie-pie.
My little munchins alway loved the boxes, lol. You purchased a awesome stitchy stash.
Happy Stitching!!
Happy Holidays!!

Ranae said...

oh yeah!! I forgot to add the pendibulles are beautiful.

Bliss said...

Seasons Greetings to you & yours! The Chicken looks absolutely gorgeous on her trike. I remember those days of parenting well. How wonderful for Dragonfly Dreams to be your LNS! I hope in 2008 that "your fingers be nimble, your threads seldom tangle, and your love be apparent in all that you create."

Karen's Blog said...

What a great Christmas you had. As always it was lovely to see you when you visited. We must organise a 'stitchy day' at my house in the new year. BTW, do you have a pattern for the pendibulles? I have never seen them before. I love them.
I hope Aurelia is feeling better.

Happy New Year!!

Lynn said...

I've never seen Pendibulles before. They're lovely!
Aurelia looks like she enjoyed all the fun of Christmas. I love the pic of her on her trike.I hope she's feeling better soon.
Great stash! I look forward to your L&L SAL. If I can't start with you I'll at least have fun watching!
I hope that 2008 brings a lot of great things to your family. Happy New Year!

Anita said...

Lovey christmas pictures of your daughter. Wow, I love your new stash too. Those Pendbulles are cute. Have a happy new year.

Barbara said...

Lovely pics of Aurelia! She's such a cutie! :)

Happy New Year to your and your family!

Kathy A. said...

How wonderful to share your photos of Aurelia!!!
Your pendibules are just lovely.
It has been a real pleasure getting to know you these past few months.
Wishing you and yours all the best for a wonderful New Year.

Beatrice said...

I like those Pendibulies...what a neat idea.
I hope your little one gets well real soon!
All the best in the New Year to all of you and I look forward to keeping in touch in 2008!

Beatrice said...

Oh Yes by the way !!!Wonderful stash!

The Silver Thistle said...

You must join us on the Bent Creek Red Thread SAL! It's such a fab project and will look amazing at the end of the year.

I hope you'll join us, it'll be fun :D

Itching To Stitch said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
Your Christmas pictures are lovely and your daughter is adorable. I hope she is feeling better.
I've never seen pendibulles before, they're interesting and what a great idea to put lavendar in them. Nice job.

Happy 2008 ;)

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, first of all I want to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.
As usual Aurelia is adorable, and I hope she is now feeling better.
Love your pendibulles. I have a couple made in patchwork filled with lavender. They make great gifts.
I hope you enjoy stitching on 36ct and 40ct. I find that if my material is in a frame they are easier to do. Also a good magnifier is always handy. I have 2 that I use depending on the light. - Take care - Sandra.

Jaimie said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. It is such a bummer to be sick at the holidays. I commend you on trying the 36 and 40ct fabric.
Happy New Year!
Jaimie

Michelle said...

There is nothing better than Christmas with a young one! I love all your stash.. I've got a shopping list to start too!

Happy New Year to you and yours..

Michelle

nutmeg5 said...

What a fantastic stash haul! Have lots of fun with all your new starts. The pendibules are lovely, and such a wonderful gift idea. And your sweet little one is just adorable.

Cheryl said...

Great stash haul!! Love those pendibulles too, a very unique gift.
I really hope your wee one feels better soon.
Happy New Year to you and your family

Our Red House said...

Happy new year, Suzanne!

That Christmas dessert sounds delish. Any hope of the recipe?

It sounds like you had a very merry Christmas. Those threads are divine too. I look forward to seeing your projects.

I haven't forgotten that I promised to photocopy that Xstitch design for you. It's on my to-do list.

hugs,

Kate

ausxser said...

HIya :)

I found my way here through your comment on Karen (DFD)'s blog :)

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and topped it off very nicely with a stash haul to beat all others...almost as good as what I manage to gather in my arms when I visit Karen (at least once a year from Melbourne) but lots of online times :)

Lelia said...

Wonderful hohliday photos!! I remember so well when our children were young. Presents were an exciting event in the household.

Lovely new stash w/your funds!! Good choices there GF : )