Thursday, 6 December 2007

Lavender & Lace Stitch-A-Long

Well, I am glad to say that I have had some interest in people joining a Lavender & Lace Angel Stitch-A-Long. I have created a new blog, Lavender Angels Stitch-A-Long. The plan is to start at the end of January and anyone who wants to stitch one or many of the Lavender & Lace Angels is welcome to join, please see the blog for more details. I have decided that I am going to stitch the Angel of Winter, so this gives me plenty of time to deal with Christmas and then decide what materials I will need.

Here are a few photos of my stitching accomplishments this week. I have finally finished the Amish Rainbow Quilt, the finishing was really quite taxing as I had to hem it using backstitch through two layers of black Aida. I am so pleased with the result and now I can concetrate on completing the Health and Happiness design and the Teresa Wentzler Whitework project. The Health and Happiness does not look too much differnt from the last time, but I can assure you plenty of time has gone into it.



Here is a great photo of an impending thunderstorm. We have been getting some impressive thunderstorms this last week, but not surprising with the warm and humid weather we have been having. Unfortunately the photo just dosn't do this thunderstorm justice.

We spent the day out at lunch and had some very yummy pizza. Aurelia was most pleased with this and managed two whole slices on her own. She had a very round fat tummy afterwards. Then we all sat down for coffee, gelato and Italian cannoli. Yum!! Oh yes, Aurelia ate most of my gelato surprisingly, as the gelato was a bitter lemon one.

I hope you all had a great weekend, because I did. I finished some stitching, finished my Christmas shopping and had a very yummy Sunday lunch with my brother and my lovely SIL.

11 comments:

Little Cat said...

If only I could find more time to stitch then I would certainly join your SAL. It sounds great fun! At the moment though I'd need another 2 days in the week and an extra pair of hands lol.

Your Amish Quilt looks so pretty. I think you did a great job of the finishing. You certainly got those sides straight.

Anita said...

Wow, wonderful 2 finishing. They are so pretty.

Vonna said...

Love the Amish rainbow quilt and it the hanger on it is just perfect :)
The ornament is a lovely one as well and is on my list of must do's (SOMEDAY!)
Pizza and the gelato sound scrumptious!

Cheryl said...

I love how you have finished the amish quilt piece, very unique. Lovely ornie too

Kathy A. said...

Your Amish quilt is beautiful and the framing is perfect. It sets it off well. Your ornament is lovely too. I hope you get some stitchers for your SAL. I have done Winter Queen and have the Christmas Queen sitting in my stash. One of these days!!

Ranae said...

woohoo!! The Amish quilt looks fabulous.
HAH looks great too.
Hope you find some stitchers for the SAL. I would love to join, but have too many bigs things on right now.
Happy Stitching!

Jaimie said...

I think I will be joining your SAL but I haven't decided which one I want to do. Angel of Summer, Ice Angel....so many beautiful ones! Give me a few days and I will e-mail you! This is going to be fun!

Beatrice said...

Wonderful finishes.
The quilt is so colorful. I like it.
I hope the storm wasn't too bad for you. That is as great photo!!!

Lelia said...

Luv the quilt!!! It is awesome -- both the stitching & finishing. Job well done : )

tkdchick said...

Your little quilt is just lovely!

Judy said...

Hi
I just found your lovely blog and read about your stitch along, I have a Celtic Maiden I'd like to stitch. Would I be able to participate in the challenge with a maiden rather than an Angel?