Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Australia Day Long Weekend!

I am very pleased that Heather received my Scissor Fob Exchange. So now I am able to show you a few pictures.


Design: From "My Little Book Of Stitches"
(Gift Of Stitching Magazine, Issue 19 August 2007)
Designer: Debbie Draper
Thread: Dinky Dyes Cotton "Yallingup"
Fabric: 28ct Antique White linen
Finish: Scissor Fob


We had an excellent weekend this Australia Day long weekend. On Saturday, we took Aurelia down to a farm and she really enjoyed herself. She was happily patting the horses and was even happy to feed the chickens. As she stood in the pen, she was surrounded by about two dozen, chickens, roosters, turkeys and guinea fowl. They were pecking the food out of her hands and off her feet and it didn't concern her at all. If they were a little to close she just pushed them out of the way. Silly me forgot the camera, so I have no pictures to show for that day.

Sunday was spent in the garden, we finally have the garden looking clean and tidy. I re-potted my orchids and moved them to a new location. I am hoping the change in location and pots may help them flower this year. Last year they looked terrible, didn't flower and lost most of their leaves. On Monday we visited my aunt who had a hip replacement surgery last week. She is doing well and I think was pleased with our visit. We spent the afternoon going for a very long drive so that Aurelia could have a sleep.

With all that busy activity, I did find time to stitch. My Fair and Square pieces are almost completed and I have started on my Angel of Winter for the SAL. There doesn't seem to be a lot done, but I have been working hard. I am finding working on such a dark blue fabric, I am having to count the stitches twice as they can be really difficult to see. My stitching light is really coming in handy.



Tomorrow I am going to start the stitching for my RR. As we are stitching using DMC threads only, I don't have to wait for any other materials. The first batch of designs have come in today, so I am all ready to start. The daunting part is that I hope that I have counted the stitches out correctly when I cut the fabric to size.

5 comments:

Vonna said...

Most beautiful! I'm sure Heather was well pleased!

Beatrice said...

It sounds like you had a great time at the farm!! Too bad no photo's but the memories will always be there. I can picture it by the way you described it .. Kids have no fear!
Your scissor fob it so pretty.

KaLu said...

grat start on the SAL!
and the fob for heather is soo pretty! congrats

tkdchick said...

So pretty and delicate!

Lynn said...

What a great choice of colour for your fob! It really suits the piece.