Friday, 18 January 2008

Some Stitching Progress Finally!!

Thank you to everyone who showed their concern after our storm. All is well, except the holes in the pergola are right over where I hang my washing when it rains and it's raining and all wet under the pergola!


After the week of visitors and then a week of DH at home, we are finally getting back into our daily routine. Aurelia is back to having her normal daily sleeps, but unfortunately won't go to sleep on her own in her bed at night. I am still having to feed her asleep, but then she cries if I just move. If I do get her to her own bed, she stays there for about half and hour and then cries again and ends up in our bed. I am very dissapointed as she was in an excellent routine before Christmas, sleeping in her own bed, having daily naps and not needing a feed every moment of the day. Since our visitors, she has completely changed and does not want to go back to her routine. Maybe I just need a little patience for a little while longer.


As a result of this behaviour, I have not been getting any stitching done in the evenings, although I am getting in 2 hours everyday while she is asleep. I am very pleased to show the first of the 12 Blessings of Christmas. I have completed 'Peace' for January and a third of the whole border. I could just keep stitching this one, but I am only doing one blessing each month till Christmas.

I have also completed my scissor fob for the exchange and it has been posted. It turned out beautifully, especially since it was the first one I ever made. I will be posting a picture as soon as my exchange person receives it.

I have also joined a Little House Needlework RR. Maybe I am crazy, but I just could not pass this opportunity up, so in the next two weeks, I am going to make a trip to the LNS to stock up on some LHN designs. I am really excited as this is one of my favorite designers. I have a couple of questions for you stitchers out there.

  1. Does anyone know the conversion from Crescent Colours to DMC, I don't think Crescent Colours are colourfast?
  2. Does anyone have any LHN freebies that they are willing to share?

Finally, here is an update of Victorian Blooms, I have the back stitching of the flower stems and then the border to get done. I see a finish for this year coming on.

12 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

I love your 12 Blessings of Christmas. That's probably very smart to do just one block a month. Then you get to look forward to working on it every month. It's going to be just beautiful when it's finished.

Sorry your little one is out of her routine. Be careful you're not giving in to her too often ;)

Lynn said...

When a child's routine is disturbed it really gets them out of sorts doesn't it. When my granddaughters were visiting over the holidays we had trouble getting the youngest,age 1 yr, to sleep. She screamed all night the first night. Of course she was sleeping in the room with her parents and could see them. The second night we put her in a room of her own. I convinced my son to let her cry since everytime he picked her up she wouldn't sleep. It was an hour and a half of crying before she settled and by the third night she settled in 15 min. Of course they had to do the same thing all over again when they returned home!

The Silver Thistle said...

She'll get the hang of it again. Hang in there with her, you are doing great.

KaLu said...

OHHH I UNDERSTAND! ALONDRA HAS BEEN THE SAME WAY SINCE HER B-DAY AND THEN GETTING HER SHOTS DIDNT HELP..SO NOW I HAVE A CRYING CLINGY BABY AT HOME WHO WONT GO TO SLEEP.
HOPE AURELIA GETS BACK TO HER ROUTINE SOON =]
PEACE LOOKS GREAT !! =]

Jaimie said...

Some children really need that routine. It will soon be back to normal you'll see. That is sure a cute picture of her!

Ranae said...

Look at that cute little messy face, lol. I think we are all like kids, it takes only one day to get out of the routine.
The Wip's are looking great.

Michelle said...

Poor baby..she's off her schedule, but look at that face! Too cute.

Your stitching looks great, as always!

Michelle

samplerlover said...

Love that face. She'lll get back into her groove, it just takes patience. Sometimes you think "how much longer", but it comes.
Thank you for the lovely comments re the wedding. Unfortunately I took these photos and they are the best that I have at moment. All the ones where you could see the bottom of the dress were taken in the church but unfortunately they have turned out to dark. Hopefully my sister has taken some nice ones.
When my husband and I got married it was a similar day and we had 4 sons, so that tale could be true. On the weather front - its still raining and a little bit misty. - take care - Sandra.

Kathy A. said...

That is just the cutest picture of that messy little face!!! I am sure she will sort herself soon and you will wonder what the fuss was all about. The stitching will still be there when she is settled again.

Kajsa said...

Looks like someone is really enjoying her meal! She will settle into a routine soon enough again, it takes some time to get back to it.

Your WIP's looks good!

Emily said...

Your stitching looks great!!
I hope things settle back into a nice routine for you soon!

Sarah said...

Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I've been reading your blog for awhile. When I saw your pictures of Lizzie Kate's 12 Blessings of Christmas I just had to drop you a comment! I've just started stitching it too, and it's been so fun to stitch, hasn't it? :)