Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Stitching...

Well, I have been very busy with the needle and thread. I have been able to complete more of Victorian Blooms. As you can see the centre is completed and the border is well on it's way to completion.


I have started on Black Willow Farm by Carriage House Samplings. It's being worked with one strand of Thread Gatherer Silk N' Colours on 40ct antique white linen. I thought the 40ct might be really difficult, but with appropriate lighting, I have been finding it quite enjoyable.


I have also started on my squares for the Fair and Square Exchange. Here are a sample of the colours, but you will have to wait until my exchange person receives it before I can post any more.


Finally I have my layout for the LHN Round Robin finalised. All the measurements have been completed, I just need to purchase the designs and start stitching. Here is a photo of the beautiful linen I have chosen. It's a 32ct Belfast linen, it's hard to describe the colour, but the vertical threads are a light creamy colour and the horizontal threads are more of a pale brown colour. If anyone knows what this colour actually is, please let me know.



Finally, there does not seem to be any improvement with Aurelia's sleeping habits, although I am able to get her in her bed for a short time most nights. Lately we have been resorting to warm baths, massage and reading lots of books, only time will tell if it works. In the meantime, DH has been banished to the guestroom. At least he is able to get a good nights rest as he starts very early in the morning.

18 comments:

Michelle said...

You've been busy!! I've been stitching too and it feels great!

Michelle

Sandra said...

Hi Suzanne! Sylvia, Emma, Sarah and I have been looking at your blog - we were admiring mainly Aurelia but also the wonderful stitching! Emma and Sarah loved the ones you did for them, and were spun out to see them on a web page! A big hug to Aurelia and Tim and love from us all, Sandra

Kathy A. said...

Yep, those needles have been busy. Nice work on your new projects. What a teaser to show the threads for the Fair and Square. I am doing my first one this time around and am really looking forward to it. Your plans for you new project look impressive. Look forward to watching this one come together.
I hope you can sort Aurelia's sleeping problems out soon. It must be very frustrating for you.

karin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonna said...

Am looking forward to seeing your BWF grow...looks great! I LOVE your layout for the RR...makes me sad... :( but will be happy :) to watch your progress!
And I believe your linen may be oatmeal? possibly?

Itching To Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching, great pieces ;)

Beatrice said...

I hope your little one soon straightens out her sleep times.
I would sleep better if i had warm baths,massage and reading. But no one will do that for me.
Have a good night!!!
Your needles have been flying I see.
Lovely! I look forward to seeing you progresson the F&S

Lynn said...

Wow, your needles have just been flying lately! All your WIP look great. I'm looking forward to your start on the LHN RR.
Glad to hear Aurelia is coming around. It does take time but before you know it she'll be back on track.

karin said...

Hi,Suzanne! Your needles have been busy.Though I think that you know it, I love CHS. I have not touched it with the thread which you used. How about the feel of the thread? I look forward to the start of LHN.
Karin

Cheryl said...

Your wips are looking great. Your LHN RR is going to be fab! Im in the middle of one now, have you seen our blog for it?http://heartfeltfriendsrr.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend!

Lili said...

Victorian blooms is very beautiful.
As for Beautiful Aurelia's sleeping problems, I would resort to a pediatrist for good advice. And I would follow them. I think she's very happy with this situation in which she has the power to separate her parents (which is what all kids want)and have her mummy all for herself. Hold on and stay united in front of her...
I hope you find a solution soon.
Take care,
Lili

Emily said...

Lovely projects. I'll be following your progress!

Kajsa said...

Lovely stitching! It will be fun to see your LHN project, the lay out looks good.

Good luck on the getting the baby back to regular sleeping habits. It's so hard on everyone when you go through these spells.

KaLu said...

I've read this post so many times! but always forget to comment on how pretty I think victorian bloom is !

Nicki said...

Love the look of your LHN layout :) It's very exciting to see some of these getting started!

tkdchick said...

Wow! You've been busy and everythig looks just fantastic!

Lynn said...

You've been tagged, check out my blog!
Have you started LHN RR yet?