Tuesday, 5 February 2008

An Update!

Well, I have been very busy stitching again, so busy in fact that I have forgotton to blog for nearly two weeks. That's OK, because I plan to catch up with all of that this coming week.

I have progressed as far as I can now with Black Willow Farm. I have to wait for the remaining threads that I have ordered from the US to come in. I really love working with Thread Gatherer Silk, especially on 40ct linen. I think that my future CHS designs will definitely be completed with silks on 40ct.


My squares for Fair & Square have been completed and I just need to post them out. I really enjoyed stitching these for Kathy, lets just hope she loves them as much as I do.

I have also completed my February square for the 12 Blessings of Christmas. I have all of the charts for this project and I am just waiting on some of the WDW threads to come in that I ordered on the weekend. I completed a little more of the border, but need those missing threads to be able to continue any more.


The Red Thread SAL has not progressed very far, other than I have some of the charts and have ordered the GAST and WDW threads for the project. I still need the border design, the border snapper pack and the fabric. I will hopefully have the fabric by the end of next weekend, so I should be able to make a start.


Next, here is a picture of the huge stash of LHN designs that I recently purchased. I have started to tack out the stitching areas and have started on the borders and other stitching. I love all the colours, they are all shades of browns and greens. Very earthy and fits in with the nature theme perfectly.


I have missed stitching on my Angel of Winter this week, but I will definitely make up for it next week by spending an extra day on her. There are only so many hours in a day and all those boring chores to do as well.

18 comments:

Nicki said...

Gosh, you've been busy :) Love the CHS WIP and the start of the RR looks great too :)

samplerlover said...

What an amazing stash you have bought. Your CHS WIP is looking good.
Found 2 really nice mystery SAL's this morning that you might like to check out.
The first one is Papillon Creations "How Does Your Garden Grow" its up to part 2.
The other one is Periphaeria Designs - Spanish Mystery SAL - you can download the outlines for the design and all the details. The first part starts on the 15th March.
I don't usually do these, just collect the charts till later but the Spanish one might be a goer. The other one looks quite pretty. - take care - Sandra.

Our Red House said...

Wow, you have been so busy.

I really like the designs you have chosen.

Kate

Lynn said...

I love everything that you're working on! Black Willow Farm looks so interesting. I've yet to try anything on a count higher than 32. Now that I have my new glasses I should give it a try.
That's an awesome stash of LHN charts!

Beatrice said...

You have been busy!! Look at all that stash. Oh my that is so fun.

Your Wip's are so nice.

Jaimie said...

Great stash items! I am jealous! Your WIP's look great!

tkdchick said...

Your wip is looking good. I'm on the fence about that red thread series.... hmmm getting tempted!

Ranae said...

Black Willow Farm looks great. I love 40 ct (though the right color, lol) Love all the stitchy stash you have. You will be one little busy bee.

Carol said...

Oooo, Black Willow Farm! I look forward to watching this one grow!

Emily said...

Lots of nice new stash! Lucky you. :)

Lili said...

Your Black Willow Farm is beautiful, and so are your twelve blessings of Xmas.
I agree about the LHN colours, no wonder why she is so successful...
Take care,
Lili

Itching To Stitch said...

Nice WIP's and stash you have there ;)

Michelle said...

Great stash!! Isn't it fun? Happy stitching..

Michelle

Beatrice said...

Hi there have a look at my blog please you've been tagged

Kathy A. said...

Wow, you have been stitching away. I especially like your 12 blessings of Christmas.

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I have been checking every few days to see if you had posted a new comment and I'm glad that you are now on the road to recovery.
Its funny when you don't feel to good, the stitching is the last thing on your mind. You know that you are getting better when you start to get the urge again.
Have done a bit more on Margaret and she is looking very lovely. Have had the urge to do some more hardanger again, so I thought I'd do something small. Started this morning while we had a thunderstorm the Victoria's Sampler Needleroll in the Christmas JCS mag. For an hours work while I waited for a few things to happen its looking good. Will post it when I get to post. I always find that I have trouble getting on the computer for awhile to post things. - Glad your feeling better - Sandra.

Julianne said...

Hi Suzanne,

I'm looking forward to doing the LHN RR with you. You got some great LHN charts. I'm adding your blog to my site so that I can visit you again.

Ranae said...

I miss your blog posts.I hope you you o.k.? just wondering.
You just might be buzy stitching on all that stash too, lol.