Monday, 31 March 2008

I'm Back!!

I have to apologise for such an extended absence from blogging as I have not been feeling well. I can now announce that I am 15 weeks pregnant with our second child. For the last eight weeks or so I have been suffering with terrible morning sickness. Most days have been a struggle to get out of bed and I am sure that my lovely daughter and DH are feeling quite neglected. When I was carrying my daughter the morning sickness was not too bad as I only felt sick first thing in the morning, but this time round it seems to be a 24 hour thing. I had my 12 week ultrasound two weeks ago and everything seems to be going well. My OB said that I should be finally coming to the end of the morning sickness and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. YEAH!!!

As for all my stitching, well, I am sad to say that I have not touched it since the beginning of February. I only just managed to get my Fair and Square blocks completed and the basting done on my LHN Round Robin. I would like to show you some photos of my work and the items I have received.


Here are the blocks I completed for Fair and Square.

Design: Autumn Blackbird (freebie found here)
Designer: Waxing Moon Designs
Thread: DMC Threads
Fabric: 32ct Antique White Linen

Here are the Fair and Square blocks I received from Kathy. She was really generous and sent me a Lavender and Lace chart Angel of the Sea, a calendar and some American sweets called Tootsies.


I also received my biscornu exchange item from Marion in the Netherlands. It's really beautiful, especially with the ceramic beads in the corners.


I was able to post off my LHN RR piece, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do the border. Here is what it looks like with all the basting finally completed.



Finally I would like to say that you to all my exchange people and RR people who have been ever so patient with my lateness in completing my projects. I would also like to thank everyone who has enquired of my whereabouts the last couple of months. It's great to know that I have not been forgotton. Now all I need to do is get my sewing mojo back and get back into the swing of things.

PS. I have been reading everyone's blog, but have not been leaving comments. I will be getting back into this soon, I promise.

11 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh hon it is so good to hear from you. I wondered what happened. Congratulations on your pregnancy. How exciting. Your stitching progress is lovely. Take care of yourself. {{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better very soon. I've got a good start on your rr and should be able to get it done by the deadline.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations to you and your family Suzanne, hopefully the morning sickness will pass soon.

Karin said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. The exchange association of your stitch is very wonderful.Take care of yourself.

Karin

Ranae said...

Congratulations! on the new addition to your family.
I do hope you get feeling better.
The square exchange is nice.
Thanks for letting us know whats going on :)

Lynn said...

Welcome back, we've missed you! You're definitely forgiven though with that wonderful news. Congratulations!
How unfortunate that the morning sickness was so miserable. Sounds like you're past the worst of it now.
I love your WM square. I'm amazed you even managed that with all your illness.

Sonda in OR said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! Glad to see you back. Your exchanges given and received are wonderful.

Itching To Stitch said...

Nice things that you stitched and received. Congratulations on expecting your second child ;)

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, just catching up on my blog reading and I just discovered your lovely news. Congratulations. Now I know why you haven't been well. As you have said the light is at the end of the tunnel with the morning sickness. Just take it easy and enjoy the rest of the ride. I know its a bit harder to relax when you have another little one.
Your blocks are lovely. You'll have to find something special to stitch for the baby. Take care -
Sandra.

Cheryl said...

Good to hear from you! Its always a worry when people you missing, sorry to hear you have been so sick but CONGRATULATIONS on your news!! That's great!

KaLu said...

OMG Suzanne!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
no wonder you have been away for so long! oh wow! morning sickenzz again i sooo hated that in my pregnancy..have you had your checked out?? because i was the lucky one [[from what they said 1 in 500 get it]] and its was sooo horrible...it was called hyperemesis gravedarum they gave me some pills for it and finally ate like in my 4th month...i hope yours goes away soon and you can enjoy this especial time...omg is Aurealia excited?!?!?! =D I am!!