Sunday, 25 May 2008

Animals, Wiggles and More!

What a busy week we have had. On Tuesday we had a beautiful day at Featherdale Wildlife Park. Aurelia's playgroup organised a day at the park, so the children could see some of our native animals. Aurelia was able to pat a koala, kangaroo, wallaby and emu. She chased the wallaby around the place giving it kisses and cuddles as she went along. She wanted to get close to an Emu and feed it and when she bent over next to it, it pecked her on the ear. She thought it was really funny and now when you ask her what the Emu did to her ear, she makes the motion of a kiss. How cute!

Friday saw us visit a Wiggles concert, which Aurelia just loved. She stood on her chair dancing and motioning to the music. Although, by the last 15 minutes, she was more interested in the chair and the patterns on the carpet.

This week I also received my eBay parcel with all the charts I purchased. This is what was in it: Elizabeth's Designs Climbing Rose Cottage and Garden Samplers, Hilldside Samplings Earth Laughs Sampler and House Samplings and finally, Bightneedle's Eliza Jane's Needlekeep and Scissor Flat and Folk Alphabet Sampler. I also purchased a few more charts, but they are for exchanges and blogaversary gifts, so they must be kept secret.


This week I finally finished the Blue Ribbon Designs Christmas ornament I started last year. The stitching was basically finished, except the backstitch border and so I just completed the finish.


Design: A Christmas Wish of Health and Happiness (freebie found here)
Designer: Blue Ribbon Designs
Thread: Gentle Arts Sampler Threads
Fabric: 28ct Cashel Linen from Zweigart - Antique Ivory
Finish: Pillow Ornament

I was also able to make a really good start to the Bent Creek Red Thread design for my SAL. I am only five months behind, lol, but I have completed the square outlines for each of the five months plus June and have almost completed the snowman for January. Now I need to put this aside for a little while so that I can complete my squares for Fair and Square Round #7 and the square for the next round in the LHN RR. Oh, yes, that reminds me, I have also posted off the package for my Stitching Bloggers Birthday Club.

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely picture of Aurelia and the emu. Your little ornament is lovely. You will catch up in no time I am sure. Nice work

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your wips are coming along well. Aurelia looks so cute with the animals and I love the wedding pictures of you.

Little Cat said...

I love those photo's of Aurelia:o)

Great stitching going on there too.

Cyndi said...

Some day I'll get that Red Thread series - it's on my wish list. Nice job on your Blue Ribbon Designs ornament. I also LOVE the name of your blog!

Itching To Stitch said...

Nice eBay purchase and I love the ornament you finished ;)

Lynn said...

I just saw this piece for the first time on another friend's blog and love it! I'll enjoy watching your progress.
Your 12 blessings is also coming along very nicely.
Congrats on your brother's wedding. Larissa is such a pretty name!

Lelia said...

Luv all your pictures!!! Great projects in the works : ) Luv the Blue Ribbon design -- beautiful!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, yes that strip of road is bad. It is getting worse. About 2 weeks ago one of the Tourist Buses overturned a couple of hours after they moved the barriers over. Its around where there is a dogs leg as you come up. He was going down. Luckily there was only the driver on the bus and he wasn't injured.
The part to look out for is when you are travelling back to Sydney around the hospital. The one outside the bus shelter got me. - Sandra.

Beatrice said...

Awww that is a cute photo. No fear for the little ones. They are so sweet.
You asked about the stitches in the Elephant. Plain old back stitching. It was pretty easy. The gold was a bit hard to work with because it was very fine!
Your ornament is a pretty one!