Monday, 19 May 2008

A cold weekend!

This has been a busy week for me with my stitching. I have completely caught up with my 12 Blessings of Christmas. I have finished the border and the writing at the bottom is a third completed. Here is a photo of the overall design and my May square as well.



I finished my last pendibulle finally and here it is. It's stitched on Aida, which I absolutely hate working with, but I have so much of it, I have to find something to do with it all. If anyone really loves working on Aida, I am more than willing to make an exchange for other fabric, threads or patterns, just contact me via the email link on my blog.



Designer: My Aunt's Attic (freebie found here)
Thread: DMC Colour Variations 4210
Fabric: 14ct cream Aida
Finish: Pendibulle


We took a trip down to the Wombeyan Caves on Sunday. It's a lovely drive there, about 3 hours. When we got there though, the caves were closed because someone had become lost and then trapped in one of the caves and there was a major rescue taking place. This was disappointing, especially since we had travelled so far. However, we found a place to stop for some tea and biscuits and a chance for Aurelia to run around and ride her tricycle. Then we decided to travel even further south to Goulburn, where we found a beautiful park to have our lunch and great playground for Aurelia to play in. It was so incredibly cold though and felt like a winter's day and not an Autumn day. The temperature was only 10C (50F), but with the wind chill, the temperature was only 2C (35F). Luckily we came well prepared with beanies and winter jackets and Aurelia's winter helmet (see previous post) kept her little head nice and warm. After a nice long break we made the 3 hour journey home and Aurelia kept herself well amused and didn't complain at all.

Today I have put an order into Stitching Bits and Bobs for a whole lot of charts from Elizabeth Designs, Prairie Schooler and Little House Needleworks. I also have purchased a large number of charts from eBay. They were all great bargains, so I just couldn't resist. I will post some photos of my stash as soon as the packages arrive.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

your Christmas blessings is very beautiful and coming along nicely.
I hae seen these pendibulles on some sites but did not know what they were called or how they are made. It looks really interesting. Sorry your weather has been so lousy. We are expecting a cold windy rainy week here. After the nice weather in Arizona, this weather is for the birds

Itching To Stitch said...

Your 12 Blessings of Christmas looks great ;)

Michelle said...

Your stitching is wonderful! I'm hoping to stitch tonight :)

Michelle

Sonda in OR said...

Your "12 Blessings" is coming along wonderfully. I really like this piece and finished it last year myself. I just need to take it to the framers in time for Christmas this year!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, I don't know if you want this but it you go to ebay UK at the moment you can buy Beatrix Potter from Needleprint for 8.83 pounds. ($17.50 US) in a PDF format. They have just released this graph for a short time. Usually it goes for over $100 US on ebay. - Sandra.

Lelia said...

Suzanne: You had asked about thread drops. They are a nice for threads! If you visit Nicole's blog: http://nevillen.blogspot.com/
Carolina Dreams, you can see several photos with fibers on thread drops. I use a lot of perle coton #5 colors on tabletoppers & the plastic bobbins [large size] added bends on the twisted fibers. Even when wound loosely. So the thread drops will be so helpful for me : )