Monday, 12 May 2008

Weekend Wedding


This weekend my brother Mark was married to the beautiful Larissa. The wedding was on Saturday, which was a perfectly glorious autumn day. The wedding went off without a hitch and we had a fantastic reception at a local hotel resort. I had the honour of doing one of the readings and my husband Tim was the best man.


Aurelia behaved herself quite well, but was a little restless as you would expect from an almost two year old. She made best friends with the flower girl and the two of them were inseparable for the rest of the evening. Somehow she managed to stay awake until 10pm with no afternoon nap. All night she wanted to dance and crawl around under the bridal table. Needless to say that her lovely dress is now a wonderful shade of brown and the knees of her tights, almost black with dirt.


We stayed overnight in the hotel, so I spent a lovely Mother's Day morning having a yummy buffet breakfast with my daughter and husband. We went to my Mother's place for lunch where we spent the day with my Aunt's, Uncles and Cousins, some of whom had come from interstate for the wedding. It was great for Aurelia to spend time with some of her relatives she dosn't often see.

Otherwise, this has been a busy week for me. I have finally caught up with my stitching on the 12 Blessings of Christmas. I have completed my March and April squares and am currently completing my May square. I have also done a little more of the border and some of the writing.


I have signed up for the next round of Fair and Square and a Little House Needlework exchange on Hooked on Exchanging, so this next month should be a very busy, stitchy month.

6 comments:

Ranae said...

Congratulations! to the happy couple. I bet Aurelia had a whopping good time.
The squares are looking great.

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, thank you for the lovely wedding photo. The bride and groom look very happy. Love the bride's dress. Aurelia looks lovely. My how she is growing.
Your squares are looking great. - Sandra.

Kathy A. said...

Oh, they look so happy. congratulations to them both. Aurelia looks so sweet!!1

Beatrice said...

It looks like a wonderful day was had by all.
Congratulations to them and also belated Anniversary wishes to you and you hubby.
The RR is pretty and the 12 blessings as well.

Cheryl said...

I love wedding pictures! Congrats to the happy couple.
Your stitching is great

Lelia said...

Congrats & thx for sharing the photographs : ) Lovely stitching, too!!!