Well, I am pleased to say that I received my two beautiful squares from Dani for Fair and Square Round #8. She has stitched a freebie from Plum Pudding Designs. Thank you Dani, I love them and the design is just the style I like. I am not sure what I may make from them, but at the moment I am leaning towards a pinkeep.
The week started off well, with my DH almost completing the painting in the baby's room. He decided to take a few days off at the end of the week, so he could complete it all. On Wednesday on the way home from purchasing more paint, a very old man turned into the side of the brand new car (only 4 weeks old). Thankfully no one was injured, so that's very important. However, Aurelia was sitting in her car seat on that side of the car and her door is quite smashed up. My DH said that she didn't cry or complain the whole time. However, when she came home she was very quiet and laid on the lounge under her blanket while her Nanna rubbed her feet. After a few hours she was back to usual self, so we suspect she may have suffered a little shock. Every now and then she goes silent and has this far away look. If you ask her whats wrong, she says 'Daddy new car, bang.' I think it must be on her mind quite a bit still. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the car has been taken off the road by the insurance company and we will be without a car for three or four weeks. This is very annoying, as we are only covered by our insurance to have a hire car for two weeks and we could be out of pocket hundreds of dollars at the end of it all.
Back to interesting and happy news, I have completed my square for Joanne's LHN RR. The design is made up of the house from 'Day and Night' and the basket of flowers from 'Necessities Sampler'. I have stitched it using the recommended DMC threads.
Finally, I have also completed a Christmas ornament this month for the Christmas Ornament SAL. It's a beaded Mill Hill kit and I must say, that I was not really enthused stitching this one. The beads wouldn't sit quite right, so all the beads were attached using cross stitch. The stocking was really difficult to back with felt and finally, it was a massive pain to cut out the perforated paper. I don't think that I will be stitching another one of these for a very long time. However, I am pleased with how it turned out in the end, I would say a satisfactory finish.
Design: Holly Days Stocking
Designer: Mill Hill
Fabric: Perforated Paper
Thread & Beads: DMC thread and Mill Hill beads and charm
Finish: Christmas Ornament