Friday, 29 August 2008

Another week....

This has been a rather pleasant week, I have been able to get quite a bit of stitching done. I have finished a new stitch, Home Sweet Home by Elizabeth's Designs. It's a pretty quick stitch, but I had to stop when I found I didn't have the beads that I needed. Luckily I was able to find them on the weekend, so I finished this one off quickly.

Design: Home Sweet Home
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Linen - Platinum
Thread: Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Mill Hill Beads
Finish: Pillow Ornament


I have also completed my stitching for the next round of the LHN RR. I am really trying hard to finish all my commitments before the baby is born. This is Melissa's LHN RR and she has chosen the theme of the Dear Diary Pillows. I had chosen Faith as my square to stitch.


I decided it was time to do some finishing, so I took out the lovely squares that Clare gave me for Fair & Square Round #7 and finished them into a lovely pillow. I still have a few more to finish, but I am not sure what to do with them yet.



On Friday, we finally we able to get the car back. It looks as good as new and you wouldn't be able to tell where the repairs and paint matching were done. This is a real relief as we feel much less constrained about where we travel and park, we are always a little cautious with a hire car.

Yesterday I succumbed to weakness and joined the new round robin group, Me, Myself and I Round Robins. I am actually looking forward to this as it doesn't start until December 31st, so it gives me plenty of time to come up with a plan. I am thinking that I would like to stitch my neighbourhood using Prairie Schooler designs. So keep an eye out in the next few months for my planning diagrams.

13 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Your little pillow ornament is lovely and the finish of Clare's squares is gorgeous. You do such lovely work. I like what you have chosen for the RR too.
Glad your car was fixed without too much fuss.
Watching the new neighborhoods develop is going to be a lot of fun.

Becky K in OK said...

I love how you finished both pillows. Your F&S gave me an idea on how to finish one of my projects. Thank you. Faith is gorgeous.

Little Cat said...

A lovely post filled with pretty stitching :o)

Lynn said...

I love both your pillow finishes! I'm seriously thinking about joining the new neighbourhood SAL. Don't have any idea what I'd like though.

Moni said...

Suzanne, your pillow is gorgeous! I love it! Also the "Faith" square looks wonderful and I love how you have finished the square from Clare! You are so talented!
Thanks sooo much for the suggestion about the apple cake! It sounds so yummy! Next time I will brush it with some warm seived apricot jam too!
I am really sorry I am so late, but anyway I want to say "Happy Birthday" to your lovely, sweet little chicken Aurelia! She looks so beautiful and nice! Happy Birthday from italy, little Aurelia!!! :-)

Sonda in OR said...

Very lovely finishes. I succumbed, too, and joined the MM&I RR. I have absolutely NO idea what I will do yet and the architect is on vacation...

Beatrice said...

Your finished little pillow is so pretty.
I've put the new SAL in my GR and will be looking in to watch it grow.
That will be fun!
The RR is nice. I like what you added!

samplerlover said...

Gee Suzanne a girl could go berserk with a virtual blank canvas.
All your stitching projects are looking lovely.
Hope you had a lovely weekend with your family and alot of retail therapy Sandra.

Michelle said...

Your stitching is so beautiful! The Home Sweet Home is so, so pretty..

Michelle

Itching To Stitch said...

Very pretty finishes!!! Happy Belated Birthday ;)

Margit said...

I just love your blog and all the nice stitching that you do and I am also happy, that you joined Vonna's new blog. But how do you do those straight lines on your finished projects? Like on the exchanges that you have completed?
Have a nice weekend, Margit

tkdchick said...

Everything is just beautiful! I love how you finished Clare's squares!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Wow, wonderful progress and finishes, congrats. I look forward to your RR plans. Happy Stitching CJ(ok;-)