Friday, 8 August 2008

Stitching and things....

This week has been quite busy on the stitching front. I completed the squares for Dani for Fair & Square Round #8 and now that she has received them, I can share them with you. Dani wanted a red Quaker theme, so this is what I came up with.



Design: Quaker Sampler (freebie found here)
Designer: A Mon Ami Pierre
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Linen - White
Thread: DMC variegated thread 115

I also completed Sonda's blogaversary gift. It's a design from Elizabeth's Needleworks Design and I tried for the first time to finish a pillow with a floral fabric backing. It was all stitched by hand as I don't have a sewing machine and I must say that I am pretty impressed with how it turned out. It wasn't quite as difficult as I thought and I think I will be doing plenty more of these in the future, especially for Christmas ornaments.


Design: Special Stitcher
Designer: Elizabeth's Needlework Designs
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Linen - Platinum
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pillow Finish

I have also stitched more on my 12 Blessings of Christmas. I have completed the writing on the bottom and have finished the August square. I thought I should also show you a photo of July's square, as I think I forgot to all about it last month.


I have also put in some good stitching on my Bent Creek Red Thread. I have completed the May and June squares and some more of the border (which I have forgotten to photograph).


Finally, I have also put some more stitches into Black Willow Farm. I am so close to finishing this one, so I am already planning my new starts.


I can thank the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games for providing me with plenty of stitching time. It didn't start until 9.50pm our time, so there was lots of waiting around. So here's to the Olympic Games.


My pregnancy is coming along nicely, I am now in my 33rd week. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I am feeling pretty good, although it seems to feel like a bigger strain on the body this time round. I get tired very quickly and lots of walking makes my stomach muscles hurt. At least the finish line is in sight!

To those who asked, the damage on the car doesn't look that bad, but it's much worse when the back door is opened. The repairer said that the door will need to be replaced and that the rear quarter panel of the car needs to be cut out and completely replaced. Then the rear bumper also needs replacing and then the suspension needs checking and the wheels realigned. That's why it's going to take so long to have the car repaired. Also the car was taken off the road as the assessor was concerned that the rear suspension may have been damaged by the collision. It looks like we should have the car back by around the 18th of this month.

6 comments:

cathymk said...

Wow, you have been busy! Everything looks just gorgeous!

Ranae said...

you have been quite the buzy bee. I love the Quaker squares, the colour is beatiful.
The little pillow is awesome as is the 12 Blessings of Christmas. Everything looks fabulous, I must say.
I am glad you are feeling well and please keep us updated.

Lynn said...

I think your fingers must be smoking! All your stitching is fantastic. I especially love that pillow.

Sonda in OR said...

That's a lot of stitchin' Miss Suzanne. It's all so wonderful. Thanks again for the pillow. I really treasure it.

Kajsa said...

Wow, lots of lovely stitching! Everything looks great!

I hope you have the car back by now, especially if you have to go the dr a bit more often at this stage.

Margit said...

Hello Suzanne.
I thing you have a very beautiful blog and your stitching projects are adorable!
Hugs, Margit