Saturday, 20 September 2008

A Finish At Last!!

I am very pleased to say that I have finally finished Black Willow Farm by Carriage House Samplings. It's taken a long time, but it has been a very satisfying finish. This was the first time I had stitched on 40ct linen and used silk thread and I would definitely use them again. I now just need to get this framed. I am not sure I will have time before the baby is born, but I would like to have it done before the end of the year.


Design: Black Willow Farm
Designer: Carriage House Samplings
Fabric: 40ct Antique White linen
Thread: Thread Gatherer Silk N' Colors


This weekend, I also attempted a pinkeep for the very first time. I used the beautiful squares that Kathy stitched for me way back in round #5 of Fair and Square. I think that I have show off Kathy's stitching quite well. This is another one for my ever growing smalls basket. I found it was pretty easy and as long as I took my time, everything seemed to line up nice and straight. I do have a question though for all those pinkeep experts out there. When you stitch the front and back together, do you find that the linen seems to pull a little around the stitch? I found this happened all the way round, but was completely covered by the trim.


As I am still awaiting fabric and threads to stitch my next projects, I have been stitching up some small designs to use up the small pieces of linen I have laying around. This is the second pinkeep that I attempted. I am finding these quite addictive.


Design: No Frogs Allowed
(From the Gift Of Stitching Magazine, Issue 29 June 2008)
Designer: Helga Mandl
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart Linen - Putty
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pinkeep


Finally, I have one more position left for my PIF giveaway. I would really love to have a third person. So if there is anyone interested in receiving one of my hand stitched items, then please leave a comment on my blog, letting me know.

11 comments:

Nic said...

Your finishes look lovely!

Margit said...

You did a perfect job on the pinkeeps! I am still not brave enough to do it. :(
Your Black Willow Farm is adorable!
Have a good weekend, Margit

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow your finishes and pinkeeps are beautiful! What kind of stitch are you using to put yoru pinkeeps together?

I find a ladder stitch works nicely and dosen't pull so much

Lisa said...

Love your Black Willow Farm and your pinkeeps are great!

ak in australia said...

Wow, you are so very creative. Congratulations on the finish.
Kathy from Blig Blog
http://akinaustralia.wordpress.com/

Ranae said...

I just love the BWF, its sew awesome.
and so are the pinkeeps. I still have yet to make one. Congrats to fabulous finishes.

Lynn said...

Your pinkeeps are lovely Suzanne! You've done a really great job. Once you know how to do them I find they're addictive too.
BWF looks fantastic!! I can't wait to see it framed. Don't you just love those silk threads?

Laura said...

Black Willow Farm is wonderful! And I am inspired to try my hand at making a pinkeep looking at your lovely finishes.

Lelia said...

Awesome job on the pinkeeps & Black Willow Farm is just great!!!

Enjoy the week-end

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Your Black Willow Farm came out great, I just love the way the colors of the silk threads look so rich. The pin keeps came out really nice and the frogs are so fun. Happy Stitching CJ(;-)

Luca and Sabrina said...

Amazing masterpieces! We're astonished!
Kisses
Sabrina&Luca