Saturday, 27 September 2008

A little slack perhaps....

I haven't been doing too much stitching this last week. The weather has turned warmer and my hands just will not stop sweating. Sweaty hands and stitching just don't go together!

Instead, I have been washing, ironing and generally getting the house nice and clean for when the baby is born. The baby is due Monday week, but the doctor is considering inducing the baby next week some time depending on the outcome of the ultrasound that I had today.


According to the ultrasound technician, the baby is a little smaller than average for it's age, but otherwise it is healthy and all it's organs are working as they should. She very kindly told us when to look away, so that we didn't accidentally discover the sex of the baby. I still want this to be a surprise and it would have been a shame if we had discovered it at this late stage.

I have packed some stitching in my hospital bag, just in case I get some time to sew. Remembering my last hospital stay, I did have a lot of free time and I was climbing the walls to get home by the last few days. As I am going through the private hospital, the stay is generally for five days and this time round I don't need to attend any sessions on how to change nappies, bathe a baby or how to breastfeed. I also found last time, that I needed some sort of distraction to keep me awake for the last feed of the night. Maybe this is all wishful thinking!!

I will post again on Monday and let you all know what happens with the doctors visit.

5 comments:

Nic said...

I hope all goes well for you!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, my this is coming fast. But probably you don't think so. I want to wish you all the best and I look forward to hearing all about it.
I have been spending the last 2 days in Blue Mountains Hospital in the childrens ward as my youngest was admitted yesterday with pneumonia. He is getting a lot better now and will hopefully come home tomorrow.
But I overheard a few of the staff though talking that apparently yesterday they bought a couple of mothers and babies up the mountains to this hospital. Must have been a bit full down in Penrith.
Good idea to pack some sewing in your bag. I always did that. I always find sewing very relaxing. Throw a book or two in as well. Always good for when you can't sleep. Noisy places, Hospitals.
If I don't hear from you before the blessed event I wish you all the happiness in the world = Sandra.

Kathy A. said...

Wow, hon that has come fast!!! I will be thinking of you as the happy day approaches. Take good care. Will be watching your blog for news.

Moni said...

Suzanne, both the image and your words are so exciting and touching.
Thanks for sharing! You reminded me when I was expecting my babies, a few years ago... I had packed some stitching in my hospital bag, too and so I could finish the baby afghan that I had started while I was expectiing.
I hope to hear wonderful news from you very soon! I am sure everything will go well!I wish you all the joy and the happiness in the world!
Hugs,
Monica

Margit said...

Suzanne, it is really amazing that now they even can take a picture good enough for a passport. I will keep my fingers cross that everything goes well and that you have a very fast and easy labor.