Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Another finish and a new start.

Despite the yucky warm weather and my intolerable sweaty hands, I have been able to make a small finish. I decided to finish this piece off as a pillow and have sewn a crystal bead in the centre. I am still not sure of the bead, as I tried a button, but didn't have a button small enough to fit this design. I suppose it's too late to change my mind now.




Design: Lovebird
Designer: Midsummer Nights Design (freebie found here)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Vintage Country Mocha
Thread: DMC and Mill Hill Beads
Finish: Pillow


I have also made a start on my Lizzie*Kate 'Bless The Baby' even though I don't have all the threads for it yet. I made an order about a month ago and I am still awaiting the package to be posted, apparently there is a problem with an out of stock button. I have decided to use 32ct linen lambswool linen instead of 28ct, so it's going to be a little bit smaller and then I am going to finish it as a hanging ornament, so that it can hang on the wall in the babies room. I have no photo of this one yet, but I will post one when there is a good amount of stitching to show.

13 comments:

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne, good news about the baby. I hope the little one waits until next week when your Dr. is available. Looking forward to hearing if it is a boy or girl.
Enjoy your rest in hospital and I hope you get to stitch your packed stitching.
I have always liked this pretty little design. It is on the never ending list to do. God only knows when that will be - take care - Sandra.

Moni said...

Really a lovely finish! It is so sweet!
Hope you can reeceive all the needed threads for Bless the Baby very soon, I cannot wait to see it finished!
Take care...
Monica

Lili said...

It's real lovely and the bead is a great choice.
I sure understand your starting on this special L*K...
Thinking of you everyday and wondering...
Hugs!
Lili

cathymk said...

Beautiful finish Suzanne! Very cute indeed.

Becky K in OK said...

I for one love the bead. That's what drew me to the design. I wouldn't change it. So happy you are abel to stitch a little.

Julianne said...

What a pretty pillow!

Suzanne,

Best wishes to you for a safe and healthy delivery of your new baby.

Julianne

Margit said...

Suzanne, I think that the bead fits perfectly. This is a very cute pillow.
Good luck for the delivery, Margit

Sonda in OR said...

That's a lovely little pillow and the bead is just fine!! Best wishes for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!!

ak in australia said...

you are so good. Ready to deliver and still sewing. Have GOOD SLEEP TONIGHT. Kathy from the Blig Blog

Heather said...

congrats on the new baby
Would love to be your third pif if you still have space open

Cathy B said...

Hey Suzanne - good luck and best wishes. Hope your new little one comes soon!

Lisa said...

Love the pillow and I think it looks lovely just the way it is.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love that blue crystal! Keep it there.