Monday, 20 October 2008

One week on..

I have been home with Amelie for a week now and we are having trouble getting her to settle in. She sleeps relatively well during the day, but spends most of the night grunting and crying away in bed, keeping both DH and myself awake. The last few night I don't think I have had more than a few hours sleep. She wants to be fed every two hours and sometimes every hour, even though at each feed, she is completely full. I know that I had all the same problems with Aurelia, but a 2 o'clock in the morning it's had to recall those times. In a few weeks, I am sure that she will be fine and settle down quite well, but in the meantime it's really difficult to see that.

I have been stitching a real lot in the last week and in hospital, but as they are all secret stitching, there are no photos. I have finished my stitching for the Hooked On Exchanging floss tag exchange. I have actually stitched a lot more than I had to, because a small floss tag looked like a very inadequate exchange item. I am almost three quarters of the way through my Hooked On Exchanging Christmas ornament exchange item as well. I am a little disappointed with it, as I was waiting on some hand-dyed threads to arrive from an ONS, but they still haven't arrived, so I have had to substitute DMC threads.

Finally, my Lizzie*Kate 'Bless The Baby' is just waiting on one thread to arrive with my order and then it's completed. I made a big boo boo with this one, I ordered a JABC leaping bunny button to sew on it, but it's too big. I should have ordered the smaller one. To order another one, I have to pay too much postage to bother (postage is the same if I order a single button or a huge package of items). So I have a proposal, is anyone willing to swap a JABC bunny button (NH1009.L) for a smaller JABC bunny button (NH1009.S)?

I am about to make a start on my Fair & Square Round #10 design. It requires some Vicki Clayton Hand-Dyed Threads, but with the Australian dollar so weak, the cost has become prohibitive, so once again I am going to have to substitute with DMC. So I apologise to my partner in advance.

11 comments:

cathymk said...

I think I have this button! send me an email: muppet at arach dot net dot au.

I bought two a way back when all my girlfriends were having babies. This one has been sitting spare for at least 3 years (probably more) you are welcome to it.
(It's the white bunny with a tulip right?)

Kathy A. said...

I hope that Amelie sorts herself out soon so that momma gets some rest too! Wishing you lots of laughter to get through the next few weeks.

Nic said...

I hope Amelie settle down soon for you ...

I'm with you on the floss tag not looking much for an exchange, so I'm plotting a little more :o)

Margit said...

The baby (fingers cross) will sleep through the night soon, I hope!
Sorry, but I cannot help with the bottons.
I know how it feels when you always have to substitute with another thread. I have to do this all the times lately. And than to get DMC over here I have to drive over an hour to get to the store, grrrrr.
Just cannot wait to see pictures of all your stitching that you have been doing!
Hugs and best wishes, Margit

ak in australia said...

Hope you can get some sleep today during the day. Give both babies kisses from me. Kathy http://akinaustralia.wordpress.com/

Aussie Stitcher said...

Just catching up with blogs and just read your wonderful news. Congratulations Suzanne, Amelie is beautiful. I hope she settles for you soon so that you can get more sleep, you just don't know how precious sleep is until you are deprived from it. Take care {{{HUGS}}} to all of you.

Lili said...

Hi Suzanne,
I remember the first weeks with my babies being hard on the two of us... I guess that's why we stopped at two, and also managed a five year difference between the two...
You have all my moral support...
As for the threads you use on your stitching, don't feel sorry for not using the ones claimed for by the designer. I never do... This is not the important part. The important part is your pleasure at making/stitching things.
Take all the rest you can get, you need it.
Hugs to you and the babies, and bon courage to your DH as well!
Lili

Moni said...

Hi Suzanne...
Oh, how I see what you mean! I remember how hard the first weeks wih both my babies were...My first son used to spend all nights awake and wanted to be breast-fed at every hour...
Everyone around me was happy, but I felt so tired...so down!
This moment is going to pass away soon...even though at the moment it seems so long lasting! You have all my moral support too! :)
Sorry I cannot help you with the button, unfortunately I have not it...
Take care...Hugs to you all,
monica

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
How are you going. I'm sure that it won't take Amelie long to get into the swing of things and then yo will both be able to get some rest.
What a funny day it has been up here in the mountains. We woke up to snow and during the day I have had, snow, hail, rain, sun and a thunderstorm plus its cold so I have had to light my fire. Crazy weather.
How is Aurelia enjoying being a big sister.
I haven't posted anything this week as I am working on something with Karen. Also one of my sons is nearly ready to get his licence so its up and down the mountain trying to build up his hours.
Hope you get some rest soon - Sandra.

Sonda in OR said...

I don't envy you your sleepless nights, but wow, what a cutie she is!! Both your girls, actually. Hope it all smooths out soon.

Jenn Entropy said...

Apology accepted ;-). No worries on the thread type! Good luck with your new baby!!

I'm hoping to get your square in the mail tomorrow since I don't know how long the post will take between here and there. Sadly, I just found out some friends of mine flew into Sidney last week and could have taken the square with them. lol