Sunday, 23 November 2008

A little bit of stitching

I can't believe how little time I have to stitch these days, Amelie is still having sleep issues. I have been drinking a herbal tea that's supposed to help her digestive system and enrich my milk supply so hopefully this helps her a little bit.

I am glad to say that Jill has received the Christmas ornament I stitched for her for Hooked On Exchanging. I didn't end up using a very Christmassy fabric for the backing, because I just was unable to find a nice one that matched, but I think this one is just perfect.




Design: Joyeux Noel
Designer: Cat's Whiskers Design Studio (JCS 2007 Ornament Issue)
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart linen - Antique Ivory
Threads: DMC and Mill Hill Beads
Finish: Pinkeep ornament

I completed this little one as well. I needed to get some little finishes done, to get me back in the stitching groove.

Design: Bee Hive
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Vintage Country Mocha

Threads: Gentle Art Sampler Thread

I have also completed my Fair & Square Round #10 squares, which will be posted tomorrow, so I should be able to share those some time next week. I have almost completed stitching my square for Cathy for the Little House Needleworks RR and I have been working on some Christmas ornaments for my girls and should also been able to share those in the coming weeks.

I hope to get a few more little finishes done before Christmas, so in the new year I can take a trip to the patchwork store and purchase some lovely backing fabric for them all. That should be fun!

5 comments:

Lili said...

Very beautiful!
The choice of fabric is perfect, in the mood of the design, very romantic. I love it.
You are a surprising person (answers to your tag). A hero (a firefighter is a hero for me, don't discuss that!) who doesn't drive...
Many hugs to you and your lovely family.
Lili

Margit said...

Suzanne, both of them are sooo pretty! I think that you still get lots of stitching done with the newborn.
Have a good Sunday, Margit

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finishes! I look forward to more of your finishes!!!

Ranae said...

Both finishes are excellent.
I love the fabby on the ornie.
I sure hope Amelie gets sleeping better for you

Mylene said...

Great finishes, Suzanne!!