Sunday, 2 November 2008

A Little Happy Dance!

I have been able to finally put the last few stitches in my baby sampler. Not that I haven't wanted to, but Amelie seems to want to spend all her time in Mummy's arms, when Mummy has a few minutes spare to sew and relax. Her sleeping has improved a little, so that every few days she sleeps in two hour blocks in the night and the same during the day. Last night I managed to get only 2 hours sleep, so my eyeballs feel like they are going to fall out of my head. Today Aurelia has emptied ever single box of toys in the lounge room and her room and pulled things out of cupboards and draws everywhere around the house. The house looks like we have been burgled. So much for a rest.

Here is the baby sampler. A big thank you must go out to Clare who very kindly sent me this beautiful chart and another big thank you to Cathy who generously supplied me with the bunny button. I will be getting this one framed once I have a little time up my sleeve.

Design: Bless The Baby
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Fabric: 32ct Wichelt Lambswool linen
Thread: Gentle Art Sampler Threads and Mill Hill Button



Now that Kate has received her exchange items for the Hooked On Exchanging Floss Tag exchange, I can now show you what I stitched for her. I decided to stitch her initials for the floss tag and just the first initial for the fob.

Design: Nature's Alphabet II (K & L)
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC and Weeks Dye Works
Finish: Floss Tag



Design: Nature's Alphabet I (K & Date)
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC
Finish: Scissor Fob

8 comments:

Ranae said...

Congrats! on Bless the baby, the button is adorable. Kate's set is beautiful. I hope you can get more sleep in. It's worth it though, eh?

Margit said...

This is a very nice sampler for the baby and you got sooo lucky to get the little bunny botton. Some ladies are real sweet!
I just love the tag. You did a beautiful job on it and the finish is real good! I wish I could be that good.
Hopefully the baby lets you sleep more soon!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a sweet and simple baby sampler! You also stitched up some beautiful exchange pieces!

Petra said...

You did a great job on the tag and fob. The baby sampler is adorable. I hope the baby sleeps more in blocks...seems like yesterday I was complaining about the same thing, but time goes quick!

Sonda in OR said...

Very lovely stitching!!!

Chiasmata said...

Thankyou so much for your beautiful stitching! I absolutely love the set you stitched for me, and the fob is now on my favourite pair of scissors. It stops them continually falling off the arm of my stitching chair! :D

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your finish and i love the exchange gifts you sent as well!
2 hours at a time...oh mna, what have i got coming i wonder LOL

Lynn said...

You've done a beautiful job on the baby sampler! I love the colours of the floss and the bunny button is adorable.
I remember very well those sleep-starved times when I stumbled through the days. Hope she sleeps for longer stretches soon and you can get more rest!