Saturday, 27 December 2008

The Post-Christmas Post

I can safely say that Christmas was a major success and Santa was very good to my daughters. Aurelia woke at her usual hour, having completely forgotten that she would receive any presents at Christmas. We first had to inspect the plate left for Santa and he had drunk all his milk and left all but a few crumbs of his choc-chip cookies. The reindeer also ate all their carrots. She was so excited when she saw all the presents under the tree. I don't think she really knew what to look at first.


While she was playing with her presents, I made salads and Black forest trifle for lunch at my Mum's place. All Aurelia had for breakfast was jelly leftover from the trifle. She was too busy playing with her new kitchen.


We had a wonderful lunch at my Mum's place and the weather treated us pretty well. Here is a picture of Aurelia dressed as a fairy at Mum's place.


Towards the end of the day, Aurelia was so tired and grumpy, she wasn't even interested in opening any more presents. Amelie obviously was completely oblivious to all that was going on, but was also spoiled by her Nanna and Nonno and my brother and sister-in-law.


Yesterday we had my DH's family and my parents around for a lazy Boxing Day lunch. It was a great day to use up all the leftovers and have plenty of salads and cold meats. Aurelia received a sand and water table and spent most of the afternoon playing with it. This morning, the area at the back door is covered in sand.


The weather has been brutal yesterday and today. It's hot, overcast and incredibly humid. However, I did brave the weather and crowds and headed to the major chain store craft shop and purchased ribbon, trim and fabric for finishing the remaining Fair & Square blocks and to enhance my stash.


I think the rest of today will be spent playing 'Crash of the Titans' on my Nintendo DS and watching Jamie Oliver DVD's. The game and the DVD box set were lovely gifts from my DH.
I hope you all had a great Christmas!

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. Good for you. Your fairy princess is just the sweetest! Love that craft store stash

cathymk said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas! That little kitchen set will get a real workout! My DH gave me a DS too! (and Nigella Christmas (cookbook) - great minds think a like???)

Kajsa said...

Looks like you had a good time! Both the girls are just darling!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a lovely Christmas! Great pictures of the 2 girls!

Moni said...

Dear Suzanne, your Christmas day sounds wonderful! I am so happy to hear that you and your family had such a Merry Day! Mine was much the same as yours, with my kids, DH, dad, sister, parents-in-law, and so on...I think we both are lucky since we could share that special day with our dear ones. That is a blessing.
Your little girls looks so sweet and beautiful!They both are really lovely!
I like your purchases! It's funny to hear about hot weather while here it's snowing...! :-)
I wish you and all your family a Wonderful new Year!
Hugs,
Monica

Mylene said...

Beautiful pictures of your girls and sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Happy New Year!!

Lili said...

Suzanne, your little girls are so cute! How thrilling to see all these lovely pictures...
We used to have the same habits (the milk, cookies and carrots) and it was so magical... It's what our kids used to check first as well...
Alas, now Daphné knows (been told by an older friend, but told us she knew just after she'd got all of her gifts last year -just in case, I guess... Lol!).
You've achieved many beautiful things last year, the most beautiful achievement being Amelie IMO...
Many hugs to you and your family and my best wishes for a wonderful 2009 for you and your loved ones.
Lili

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas!

Manuela said...

Hi, my name is Manuela, i've knowm your blog thanks to Monica, santa claus have bought a wonderful red kitchen to my "little woman" Teresa, your blog and your neddles are wonderful, excuse me for my scholastic english .... I hope you will have a wonderful new year
Manuela