Friday, 30 January 2009

Exchanges Received

Edited: Thank you Cathy, I now know who this exchange is from. Judith thank you very much for this lovely piece and for the wonderful threads.

I received two exchanges the last two days. Firstly I received the Lizzie Kate Exchange from a mystery person in The Netherlands. I am not sure who sent it, but I really love the design. This is the first Halloween themed piece that I own, so I am really excited. I also received some lovely DMC threads in colours that I always use. So whom ever you are exchange partner, thank you!


The second parcel that arrived was the Fair & Square Round 11 squares from my partner Daniela. She has stitched the most wonderful designs from a German sampler. I quote from Daniela's blog,

"The designs on both squares are from a northern German reproduction sampler dated from1820. They are done in classic Biedermeier style, as many samplers are, that are found from that time in Germany and Austria."

Thank you Daniela, I really love the squares and I really look forward to doing a beautiful finish with them.

7 comments:

cathymk said...

I really like the fair and square pieces! Very lovely indeed.

Brigitte said...

You've received some lovely exchange pieces. The F&S squares look just gorgeous.

Dianne said...

I love both pieces...especially that flower compote. Just Beautiful!!!

Margit said...

The F&S squares look fragile and I LOVE them! Daniela did a wonderful job. Will you finish it as a pinkeep?
I also like the Halloween piece and the colors of the thread.

Siobhan said...

Oh wow, two beautiful exchange pieces!! They're both lovely.

Judith said...

I am glad it arrived. I am sorry that I didn't include a note, I was in a hurry and forgot to put it in. Glad you like it.
Also I love the other exchange you received

Kathy A. said...

Lovely floss tag. Glad you found out who it was from.
Your Fair and Squares from Daniela are simply the most beautiful ever. Lucky you.