Wednesday, 18 February 2009

What a Fantastic Surprise!

The parcel delivery man rang my doorbell early yesterday morning and I was very puzzled as I wasn't really expecting a parcel yet. When I opened it up, I found that it was a gift for the Stitching Bloggers Birthday Club that I had missed last year. Rowyn had very kindly volunteered to put a parcel together for me so that I didn't miss out. I am very grateful to her, especially since she is also very busy trying to organise a wedding. Here is what I received.


Rowyn stitched the Lizzie Kate design 'Good Things', which I had been admiring on many other blogs and has finished it into a cute pillow. In the parcel was also some ribbon and trim, buttons, pins for a pinkeep, a clover cutter, a fat quarter of beautiful fabric, some yummy fabric from Kiwi Illusions and a chart from the Workbasket.

Thank you very much Rowyn for this beautiful gift and a thank you to Edgar for organising a replacement person for my birthday gift. I never expected this at all. There are so many wonderful stitchers out there. Thanks!!

17 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That is such a lovely gift. Rowyn is such a sweetheart. It was so nice of her to fill in for you. I am glad you received such lovely birthday gifts. And a Belated but Heartfelt Happy Birthday Again!!

Margit said...

That was real sweet of Rowyn to put such a nice parcel together. I am very happy for you.
Happy belated birthday!!!

Siobhan said...

What a wonderful gift--and what a wonderful person to have stepped in like that to do it, too, with such flair. Happy belated birthday!

Mylene said...

That is such a great package from Rowyn.

Brigitte said...

Whata wonderful birthday gift package Rowyn sent. Beautiful stitching. I do love this little pillow. Enjoy all your goodies.

Daffycat said...

Nice goodies! It was so kind of Rowyn to send you a replacement birthday package!

Angela said...

What a lovely gift to receive, the pillow is wonderful! Enjoy :)

Beatrice said...

What a lovely gift...Happy Birthday!

Von said...

Such a wonderful gift from a very sweet fellow stitcher. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! What a fantastic parcel!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful gift and that Rowyn stepped in to 'do the job'!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I've been slow saying hello but here I am. Will be back for more visits soon!

Lelia said...

Lovely generous gift from Rowyn

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Sorry I have been a bit slack, but as I said in my blog I keep getting diverted somewhere else. I think I will have to get my act together.
Thank you for the award. It's nice to know that I have made so many friends all over the place. Will post on this matter next time I post.
What a lovely birthday present to receive. I have had one of those Clover cutters for years. Comes in hand sometimes. Will be good for you with the girls.
Amelia's special day looks lovely. I actually thought about you all on that terrible hot day. Did you make the cake. What a good job you have done if you did. - Sandra.

Beatrice said...

Have a look at my blog! You have an Award!

Beatrice said...

Thank you for the friends award. I'm honored!!!

Lynn said...

How lovely of Rowyn to step in like that. The stitchers I've met are truly a generous bunch.
It was certainly a great goodie bag! I love that pillow!

Vee said...

What a great package for your special day. Lots of goodies for you to enjoy.