Sunday, 8 March 2009

Autumn Pinkeep

I am happy to say that Nic received her pinkeep I made for the Year Long Prairie Schooler Exchange. I really enjoyed making this one and liked it so much, I found it really hard to part with it. My DH took me to the local patchwork store and I found the perfect fabric for the backing and then plenty more fabric I just had to have for other projects. I have to say a big thank you to Dani for her suggestion to use a ladder stitch to join the two halves of the pinkeep. It was a really neat finish, the stitches were invisible and so neat I almost didn't need the ribbon to cover the join.


Design: Autumn Leaves (Autumn Foursome)
Designer: The Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pinkeep



I also have to thank Beatrice for the award she gave me. Thank you Beatrice, but I won't be passing on this one, it's just getting too hard to pick people to receive them as so many of you deserve to receive them.

18 comments:

Rowyn said...

Beautiful pinkeep!

Daffycat said...

Perfectly finished and beautifully stitched! The backing fabric is luscious!

Virpi said...

I love the pinkeep you made. It is really pretty.

Kathy A. said...

Love that pinkeep. I stitched that one myself for BeckySC I believe. Great taste we have lol

Ranae said...

Beautiful pinkeep and the backing is perfect.
Congrats! on the award

Our Red House said...

I love the pinkeep too; such pretty colours.

Kate

Megumi said...

That is a lovely pinkeep. The colors really pop in that design. Congratulations on such a lovely finish.

karenv said...

What a beautiful pinkeep! You did a great job of the stitching and the finishing.

Nic said...

And I have to say,it's even nicer in real life, and fits perfectly in with my style in the living room.

Thank you again!

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, that pinkeep is gorgeous! Wonderful finishing--YGG!

Leah said...

It looks wonderful! The finishing looks perfect!!

Susan said...

The pinkeep is gorgeous, Suzanne - I love the backing fabric!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Suzanne,

That pinkeep is gorgeous!!! Nobody
does Autumn better then Prairie
Schooler IMHO. The backing fabric
that you chose to use is lovely
and compliments the X-stitch design
perfectly. I'm sure Nic is just
thrilled to receive such an awesome
keepsake and treasure.

Glad to hear that your DH is home
safe and sound from Victoria, and
that things went smoothly for you
while he was away.

Your stash from Craftfest is
just scrumptious to look at and
drool over. Such beautiful
fabrics and treasures. It must
have been such a lot of fun to
wander around the location and
exploring the booths.

Cheers!

Cathy B said...

Beautiful pinkeep Suzanne! You did a great job finishing; I'm sure Nic loved it!

Margit said...

Oh my God! That is adorable all the way!!! I don't think that I ever get that perfect.

Mylene said...

Well done!! The pinkeep turned out great!!

The Scarlett House said...

I so love all the Prairie Schooler designs. You did a very nice job. So glad to hear that your DH is home safe and sound.

Jan said...

Wow, this is indeed lovely! The pinkeep turned out great, and what a lovely exchange piece to receive! Lucky recipient!