Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Some Stitching to Show

I heard from Cathy today that she received the Drawn Thread exchange I stitched for her for the Friends Through Thread group. I had a lot of fun stitching this piece, especially trying all the specialty stitches, although I must say that some of them took a lot longer than I would have thought. At least I learnt some new stitching techniques and I really enjoyed using all those silks.


Design: motifs taken from Toccata Number II
Designer: The Drawn Thread
Fabric: 36ct Edinburgh linen - Cream
Thread: Needlepoint Inc, Gloriana, Soie 100/3, Kreinik Japan Thread, Mill Hill beads, DMC
Finish: Scissor Fob

(Thank you Cathy for the photos)

13 comments:

Rowyn said...

This is gorgeous Suzanne, and looks beautifully finished. Well done!

karenv said...

What a beautiful exchange! Very nicely done, congratulations.

Siobhan said...

What a fabulous exchange! It's gorgeous, Suzanne--so nice and dainty.

Katrina said...

What a pretty exchange piece! Love it.

Jan said...

How lovely, Suzanne! I am sure it will be treasured!! Glad you got the opportunity to learn some new specialty stitches, that was a bonus!

Becky K in OK said...

Suzanne, the pillow is absolutely beautiful. Silks are wonderful aren't they?

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful exchange piece!

Angela said...

Very pretty exchange piece, I love the specialty stitches :)

Melissa said...

Your finish is beautiful, Suzanne. You did a great job. I know that Cathy is thrilled.

Ranae said...

Gorgeous FOB, it looks perfect.
The silk and the stitches make it very unique.

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful ornament you made for the exchange and so neatly finished!

Kajsa said...

How pretty! Your finishing is just fabulous!

Margit said...

A very lovely scissor fob. Special stitches are a nice change sometimes, but I always come back to the little crosses. ;)