Thursday, 16 April 2009

First Post of the Month

What a busy few weeks it's been. Amelie had been unwell with a very upset tummy for a week. I can't believe how many nappies I changed that week. She is improving slowly, now that she it taking some probiotics, although the community nurse said that it could be another few weeks before her system is back to normal. She now has two teeth and has started on solids. She was really keen on them to start with, but has lost interest in the last few days. She has also started to crawl all around the place. She has this kind of commando crawl and roll system going, it's very cute. Aurelia was also sick over Easter with a high fever for 24 hours but she seems to be getting back to normal as well.

I am pleased to say that I have completed Joan's square for the Little House Needleworks RR. Joan asked to have a needlework theme, so I took elements from 'Quilt Time Sampler' and 'Early America' to come up with this. I have a photo of my square and an overall photo of Joan's RR. I think it looks fantastic.


I have also made a start on the travelling pattern 'My Needle and My Floss' by Waxing Moon Designs. I decided to use a 40ct linen in a lemon colour. I am not so sure of the fabric anymore though. The threads of the fabric are really thin and 1 thread of floss gives very poor coverage. I have had to use two threads of floss to get a good coverage. It's a brand by Sew-It-All and I am not sure I like the feel and texture of this one. The Weeks Dye Works thread has been a little disappointing as it has been shredding quite badly even though I am using quite short lengths. This new batch looks much thinner than the old batch. Did they perhaps change the quality of their threads?


I have also made a start on 'Little Spot Sampler' by the Drawn Thread that Joan sent me as part of the Drawn Thread exchange. This one is a lot of fun and really a quick stitch, when I get some stitching time.


This morning I received a fantastic parcel in the post from Down Sunshine Lane. Petra had sent me a prize for doing her daily trivia quiz. She was so incredibly generous and here is what she sent. A great mesh project bag, 'Rites of Spring' by Blackbird Designs, the fabric and recommended thread, scissors, and a magnetic button (which I think is a needle keep). Thank you very much Petra for this wonderful gift.


I can now show you one of the gifts I stitched. Kathy should have received this by the time this post is published.


Design: Dear Friend
Designer: Elizabeth's Designs
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Toasted Almond
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pinkeep

19 comments:

Margit said...

Suzanne, I really LOVE the square you did on Joan's RR. You did a perfect pick and set up for it!
What a nice parcel to get from the mailman, smile. You propably hardly can wait to start on it. ;)
The pinkeep you did is adorable!
I hope your girls will be fine very soon.
Hugs, Margit

Brigitte said...

Sorry to read that your children have been under the weather. I hope that they are on the mend and will be fine again soon.
Your new starts look great and so does the square you stitched on the RR. I love the theme. And what an adorable pinkeep you made, it's perfect with its nicely matching backing fabric.
You've received a wonderful package from Petra. Enjoy all the goodies.

Kathy A. said...

I am glad to hear that the girls are on the mend. It makes for a long week. Your stitching progresses are wonderful. The square on the RR is perfect. Love the little pinkeep.

Heather said...

I love the pinkeep , so cute.
Hope your girly girls stay healthy for a while
The square is amazing
Heather

Angela P said...

I love the pinkeep you made ,it's very pretty. A great choice for your square for the LHN RR!

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

I'm sorry to hear that your girls have been ill. I'm glad that they are on the mend and I hope they'll be back to !00% very soon.

Your square for Joan's RR looks wonderful. I've got to put my thinking cap on to come up with an idea for my square on it.

Ranae said...

I do hope the little kiddies are feeling better.
I love the square and the whole RR is fantastic.
Noce starts on the newbies.
That package is sure a super duper prize, lucky you!!
The Pinkeep is so pretty with pink, nice finish

Daniela said...

Hope your kids are being well again soon.
You made great progress on your stitching and that's a lovely parcel you got.

Siobhan said...

I hope the kids are feeling up to par soon!

Your exchanges are wonderful! The square you did on the RR--WOW!! That is an incredible RR. I like your start on the Waxing Moon piece, too. I have had a problem with my WDWs knotting. I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that fiber but like the overdyed effect.

Have a good weekend!

Jan said...

Suzanne, everything is just lovely. That is a neat RR, know it will be treasured. And your lovely pinkeep is so sweet! Hope the children feel better and soon!

Vee said...

Hope your girls are feeling better.

Great exchanges, I love your pinkeep. I've not stitched on 40ct. before but I have a couple of charts that call for it, I'll have to try it.

Tracy said...

Great pinkeep and your stitching looks beautiful

Mylene said...

I just love the pinkeep you made for the exchange. You have finished it soooo neatly!
The square you stitched for the RR looks great.
Hope the children feels better very soon.

Kim B said...

2 teeth on the little one? That's amazing! DS didn't get his first tooth until exactly 10 days before his 1st birthday!

Your stitching is so beautiful! I love your RR contribution! And the little pinkeep is lovely.

What an incredible parcel you have there! I absolutely adore that BBD! :)

Von said...

Really great stitching, Suzanne!! My dgd has been teething with a vengeance lately and making life miserable for herself and all those around her. Luckily, she's not here too much, lol!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Sorry to hear that the girls haven't been well. You will now have your hands full now that Amelie is on the move.

Your square on Joans LHN RR is lovely. Isn't her sampler lovely. If she has a sewing room it would look really lovely there. I love the square with the girl and the sheep.

Your Little Spot Sampler is lovely and I look forward to seeing more of it. I am sure that Kathy will love her gift. It is lovely. Your finish is perfect for this design.

It's another yukky day up here. Very wet, misty and cool. I now have my fire going. Have a load of wood coming today so that will keep my son occupied for the day. I can just imagine the moans and groans that I am going to have later in the day lol. - take care - Sandra.

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Yes, the charts that I got came from ebay Australia. They came from Brisbane. God only knows though when I am going to do them.
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. It is my 26th tomorrow.
If you are coming up next Friday, let me know a rough time and I will go up to Karen's if my DH isn't home. We usually go down to Penrith to do the shopping in Penrith. Before lunch is usually good for me as I have to go to Penrith after lunch to met him if he isn't home. I will bring Elizabeth if I come. If I can't come for some reason I will send Karen an email to let you know. Ask her though have I sent one as she usually takes days to open them if she is busy. - Sandra.

Tammy said...

What an awesome RR! Everything looks wonderful and I love that Waxing Moon design you are working on. I've see it done before and it's so pretty!

Redwitch said...

Thanks for stopping by :)

Amazing RR, I love it! Lots of lovely stitching photos :)

I hope your daughters' health has improved too.