Tuesday, 5 May 2009

10 Years Down....

On Friday the 1st, my DH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been so long as it only feels like yesterday that we were married. My DH took the day off work and organised lunch for myself and the two girls at a secret location in the mountains. Lunch turned out to be at Silk's Brasserie which is a very nice place to eat. I think it has been many, many years since I have had the opportunity to experience some fine dining. This place was wonderful and the chef happily adapted one of the dishes for Aurelia. She was a complete angel and behaved herself very well during the whole lunch. She was given some crayons and the table was covered with some paper and she scribbled to her hearts content. She scribbled on her side of the table, then on Daddy's and then on Mummy's until there was hardly any empty space on the paper. I must say, my husband and I had a little fun drawing on the table as well. I am just sorry we didn't take a photo of it. Here is a photo of our dessert.


We also took a visit to my LNS, where I just couldn't resist and made a tidy purchase. When I saw the Jeanette Douglas Pineapple biscornu, I knew that I just had to have it and then Aurelia saw it and said 'Mummy, can you make me a little pillow? Just for me, not for the lady, so I can keep in my room." The 'lady' refers to whomever I am making an exchange item for at the time. Now, how can I say no. I also picked up the last two charts to stitch the Blackbird Designs mystery sampler and the latest Just Nan Over The Top Tin called 'Grow'.


After lunch, my DH took me back to my LNS so that I could buy my anniversary present. So without further ado, I present my very own and brand new sewing machine.


Now all I have to do is learn how to sew........
Oooh, I almost forgot! I also visited the local patchwork shop and these are the yummy fabrics I picked up.


22 comments:

Kim B said...

Happy Anniversary! What a splendid way to celebrate!

Rowyn said...

Congratulations to you both on your 10 year anniversary.

You got some great stash, and your sewing machine looks awesome. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Daniela said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a great sewing machine you got. And all the lovely new stash.

Siobhan said...

Happy anniversary!! I hope you have many more blessed years together. It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration! I love your new stash. Isn't it hard to say no when your kids ask you to stitch for them? :) I can't wait to see what you come up with for Aurelia.

Have a great Mother's Day!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had the perfect day to celebrate!!!

Vonna said...

10 down and at least 60 more to go! :)
I love your anniversary gift ;)

Mylene said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Sounds like you had a great celebration and wow! such wonderful stash and new sewing machine.

Hope you have had a wonderful mother's day.

Dianne said...

Goodness! Looks as if you had a wonderful day!

KaLu said...

happy anniversarie!!!!

gosh aurelia looks so big ! its been a while since ive seen a pic of her

Von said...

What a splendid way to celebrate your anniversary!! Have fun sewing with those gorgeous fabrics you've just bought. :)

Angela P said...

Fantastic anniversary gifts :) Sounds like you had a lovely day!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! Time does fly by..but you are enjoying it!

Your hubby was very sweet to you too ~ have fun with your gift!

Michelle

Ranae said...

Happy belated 10th wedding anniversary.
I love all the new stuff.
Happy Stitching and sewing

The Scarlett House said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. Really nice gifts you've got there. Get that machine a sewing!

Jaimie said...

Happy Anniversary! The sewing machine is beautiful. You will soon get the hang of it and your beautiful new fabrics will be fun to work with. Nice new stash too!

Have a great day -
Jaimie

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
By the look of it and the sound of it you had a lovely day in the mountains. What a lot of lovely stash you received and the sewing machine. Well, what can a girl say. You are very lucky. It won't take you long to get the hang of it. The next I'll hear is that you have started smocking and making beautiful dresses for the girl. (That's something I always wanted to do, but I had 3 sons. Doesn't work that way lol).
Silks is a lovely restuarant isn't it. It has a really good reputation. I like the way that they accommodated Aurelia with the paper and crayons.
BTW DH is ok, thank goodness - Sandra.

Margaret said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Love the machine. I am still using the one I bought when I was 15 - 40 years ago???? And I well remember how expensive I thought it was then - but it has been a trusty helper. Hope you get good value out of your too. And I wish I lived near your LNS!!

Brigitte said...

Happy belated anniversary wishes! And enjoy your new sewing machine.

Cheryl said...

Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like a lovely meal. Love the sewing machine - what a great pressie!

timetostitch said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a wonderful celebration with your family!

Julianne said...

Hi Suzanne,

Happy belated anniversary. Congratulations on 10 years and I wish you many,many more.

Your new sewing machine looks wonderful. I'm sure you'll do well with sewing if you're even half as good at it as you are at stitching.

Enjoy!

Cindy said...

Isn't it great to have a sewing machine, all by yourself :)

Happy sewing...