Thursday, 4 June 2009

Blackbird Designs Exchange from Cathy

On Tuesday I received a beautiful exchange from Cathy. It was for the Blackbird Designs exchange for Friends Through Thread. This is the very first pinkeep I have received and it's it just gorgeous. Cathy's attention to detail is second to none. The design is Tulip & Star Pinkeep from the With Needle and Thread book and the backing fabric is a Blackbird Designs fabric as well. Don't you just love how she has twisted the ribbon around the outside?

Here is a picture of all the lovely goodies she sent as well.

After all the exchanges and stitching for everyone else, I decided that I needed to stitch something for myself. Here is my new start, it's Flax Fields by Carriage House Samplings. I am stitching it using the recommended NPS and Gloriana silks.



My sale of household items on eBay was a massive success and I have already spent a good portion of the money. I purchased a whole lot of beautiful R & R Reproductions linens from Home Sweet Home Needlecrafts. I really recommend Janet and her store, she has such an extensive inventory of fabric and she has been very helpful. Sorry, no photo to show as I forgot to take a photo before I packed them all away. I also purchased a whole lot of threads from another ONS. I have updated my sidebar of my blog and have listed all my kitted up charts. I figured that if I purchased all the fabric and thread to get all these charts done at some time or other, I could keep my stash buying under control (I'm sure it won't happen!).

Amelie recovered from her tummy troubles and started eating solids quite well and sleeping better. Then she started cutting more teeth, six at one time to be exact. Why do my children have to be so quick to get teeth? Oh, well at least they are over and done with quickly. Those teeth had just about come through and then she caught a nasty cold. Last weekend she had a fever of 40C and was very unhappy. This last week she has been sleeping really badly again both day and night. I really can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I think it was in the brief time before Amelie had the stomach bug that she was only waking once a night. That must be about 3 months ago. I know that I just need to get her day routines working so that she sleeps well in the day and then the nights will follow. Easier said than done, especially when the neighbours are putting an extension on their house and there is a constant banging and crashing coming from over the fence.

Amelie starts her swimming lessons tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some photos to show later in the week. The two exchanges I stitched should be received in this next week, so I will be able to show those off as well. I am really keen to show off my Blackbird Designs exchange piece as I really put a lot of work into it and challenged myself with a very different finish.

11 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Cathy's pinkeep is great and so many goodies. Your Flax Field's start is looking good the colors are wonderful. CJ ok;-)

Kathy A. said...

The pinkeep you received from Cathy is beautiful and so nicely finished. The extras look great.
Love the colors in your new start.
Hopefully the little one will be feeling better and back on schedule soon. Poor Mommy!

Kim B said...

Beautiful exchange, and lovely start. Dealing with teething is miserable for all involved!

Chiloe said...

Wow, the pinkeep is very beautiful ;)

Hope your daughter can go back to a routine and sleep better at night because you must be exhausted ... hugs!

Daniela said...

It is so nice to see that you are stitching Flax Field. I am keeping an eye on this design for quite a while already not sure if I should stitch it or.
I can't wait to see yours in progress.

Mylene said...

LOvely exchange received. Hope your daughter feels better very soon.

Brigitte said...

Such a nice exchange piece and goodies from Cathy.
Your new start from CHS looks terrific. I adore the colours that are used in it.
I hope your little girl will be fine again soon.

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

Your pinkeep from Cathy is really beautiful. I can well imagine how thrilled you were to receive something from her. Her finishing ability is amazing!

Your new piece from CHS is so pretty. I really love that bright blue. It is so cheerful.

KaLu said...

what a beautiful pinkeep! but wow! i love the colors on your new project! the POP! i cant wait to see more of it

Siobhan said...

What a beautiful exchange!! I love your new project, too. I have everything for it, just need to stitch it! I'll enjoy watching your progress.

I'm sorry to hear of your sleep deprivation! My older daughter was the same with her teething. I swear she didn't sleep through the night till she was 9 or so. Agh! But then they smile at you and it's all worth it. :) Hang in there!

Cheryl said...

Thats a shame about Amelie! And poor sleep deprived you as well. Caleb hardly sleeps at all during the day but then he does sleep all night so i cant really complain.
Love the gift you received from Cathy and im looking forward to seeing what you stitched seeing as you put so much work into it!