Saturday, 13 June 2009

Prairie Schooler Exchanges

First of all I have to say thank you, thank you to everyone for their wonderful comments on my stitcher's book. I have been on cloud nine all week. My husband has even mentioned widening the doorways so my head can fit through, lol.

I received this beautiful exchange from Jayne this week for the Year Long Prairie Schooler Exchange. Jayne has stitched a scissor fob and thread tag with my initials from Prairie Schooler Book #76 - The Farmer's Alphabet. Aren't they just adorable and I am not sure if the photo shows it, but the fabric is a lovely shade of pale pink. Thank you Jayne.



Sorry about the crappy photos, it's hard to get good help these days. The light is bad and DH used the cheap camera.

I am going to show the exchange item I sent to Laurie for the Year Long Prairie Schooler Exchange. I sent it the same time as I sent Jill's exchange so she should have received it by now, but I haven't heard whether she has it or not.


Design: Spring & Fall - Book #90 (May square)
Designer: The Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - sand
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pillow

Amelie started her swimming lessons last week, but they were not very successful. We have tried a new swim school to the one Aurelia attends. This was because the one Aurelia attends is so popular I had trouble enrolling Amelie. This new swim school believes in a very hard line of introducing babies to the water. She was forced underwater, dragged into the water and frightened until I had to say enough was enough. This morning, she was not very happy to go in the water and cried a lot, I wouldn't allow her to be dunked under the water. Thankfully, my DH spoke to Aurelia's swim instructor last week about how Amelie was treated and they have been able to fit her into Aurelia's swim school early new month.

24 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Cute gifts and the pillow you made is very pretty too. Glad you will be able to switch schools. CJ ok;-)

Brigitte said...

Very nice exchnage pieces.
I *love* the little pillow you stitched for Laurie. This bird is one of my favourite PS motifs (if I can say that at all becaue I love everything PS, lol), and your finishing idea is so pretty.

karenv said...

Lovely exchanges, both! :)

Sorry about Amelie's swimming lessons - it sounds like they're trying to give the children all phobias of the water, rather than teaching them to swim! I hope she gets on better at Aurelia's school.

Mylene said...

Lovely exchanges both sent and received.
I am sorry to hear about Amelia's swim lesson, hope it'll be better on another school.

Ranae said...

Awesome exchanges!

Angela P said...

Fabulous PS exchanges.....love the pillow you made, it's beautiful :)

Siobhan said...

What beautiful exchanges!! Lovely stitching.

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness that swim school sounds awful!
I cannot get over your stitchers book by the way - how on earth did you give that away?! Its amazing!

Kim B said...

Beautiful exchanges! The swim school sounds no good to me!

samplerlover said...

What beautiful exchanges. Lucky girls to receive these.
I'm so glad that you were able to get into the other swim school. This happened to my Sister when she was little and she always had a fear of putting her head in the water. My Mum used to have a terrible time when she was little with washing her hair as a result of all this. - Sandra.

KaLu said...

lovely exchanges ! and your pillow is so cute and pretty

and amelie's swimming teacher deserves to be dunked in the water many many times until water comes out from her ears ... ok that was a bit too much heehee but yes its better she goes to aurelia's school =D

Michelle said...

I adore the bird pillow! I can always tell a Prairie Schooler design ~ I just love them!

Good luck with swimming lessons..

Michelle

Laurie said...

I have received my robin pillow and I love it!! Thanks so much! It arrived just after we had tried to save a baby robin. Unfortunately, it didn't make it. We miss him dearly. I like looking at the pillow, it reminds me of him and how fragile life is. It will always be very special to me!

Susan said...

I love the little pillow you stitched for Laurie. It is adorable!

I'm sorry about your daughter's swimming lesson - it sounds awful! No wonder she was upset!

Maren said...

That swim instructor should have his/her head dunked under water...and held there! At least you were able to get your daughter into a good school. Hopefully they can salvage the situation.

Your bird pillow is very cute! Lovely exchanges!

timetostitch said...

The swimming lessons sounds frightening! Your exchanges are wonderful...how do you keep up with 2 kids who seem very social in activities!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Looks like a nice day today. Thank you for the lovely comments re Elizabeth. Yes I do have glass on my samplers. I usually buy most times those frames that you can buy where you can put a lot of photo's in and find that they work for me. If I need a frame that is different e.g. square, I have found if I go to The Warehouse or shops like that I can buy framed prints that come in square frames and I use those. All I am after is the frame, the glass and the backing board. I go from there.
I use glass now instead of non reflecting glass as I had some samplers a long time ago with it and I found that it dulled the colour of the cottons. It was really noticeable when the sampler wasn't framed.
Hope Amelie is getting back into a routine and that you are finally getting some sleep. Hope you have a lovely weekend. - Sandra.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne, lovely exchanges sent and received. It can be quite a challenge to take good pictures of needlework.

Margaret said...

Thank you so much for visiting Suzanne.

Oh my - poor Amelie to have this as her first swimming experience. I'm glad to hear that she can now go to Aurelie's swimming school. Good thing you were right on top of it.

Lovely exchanges. The robin is my absolute favorite.

Margit said...

Suzanne you stitched a wonderful motif! ...and I also think that you did a beautiful finish to it. Very pretty!!!

Tammy said...

Those are great exchanges, and yours is finished so beautifully!

Beatrice said...

Wonderful exchanges,,,,very pretty finishes!
The photo's aren't that bad..I can make them out just fine!!!

Nicola said...

Both PS exchanges are lovely.

Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Suzanne: Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging words! Your blog is just totally beautiful and I love the things that you have stitched! Your stitching and finishing are just gorgeous and I am so glad I found your blog here. I think we like a lot of the same things! Debby