Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Earth Sampler - A Beginning

I made a start on Earth Sampler by The Primitive Needle on Friday night. Ranae and I are doing a SAL every Friday night in an attempt to get this design completed. Here is what I managed to stitch.


It's fun and really hard to put down. I have been tempted by it during the week, but I put it away in my stitching box. I figure if I don't see it, I won't be naughty and stitch on it any other day. I am missing a few threads, so I am just stitching around those colours until my order arrives.

In celebration of the 40th Anniversary of The Moon Landing, my DH's work had a rocket launching competition (my DH works in the aerospace industry). They had to build and launch a homemade rocket using non-chemical methods. All weekend my DH was back and forth from the hardware store and designed a pretty good launch pad and then we all had to drink lots of fizzy so he could make some rockets from the bottles. Aurelia had a fun time helping him test his rockets. I must say my DH was like a little kid, so excited to get it built and for it to work so successfully.

15 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Great start on Earth sampler. The rocket does look like fun. CJ ok;-)

Rowyn said...

Great start on Earth Sampler.

I wish I got to make rockets at work! :-)

timetostitch said...

The Earth Sampler start is great. Love the RR finish, you did a great job and clap clap for finishing it!
I love hearing good stories like this.

Siobhan said...

Great start on your sampler! Very nice. The rocket launch looks like a lot of fun. What a fun industry that must be to work in, I'd think!

Kim B said...

Earth Sampler looks great! And the rocket looks like a blast
(pun intended)!

Ranae said...

Nice start. I want to stitch on mine more too, lol.
That rocket looks like fun
I live for Fridays!!! lol

Cathy B said...

Love this design and want to stitch it too someday...

Aussie Stitcher said...

Earth Sampler is looking great, and your DH certainly did a great job with his rocket.

Maren said...

That's a great start on your Earth Sampler! LOL, sounds like your DH had a blast (pun absolutely intended) playing with his rocket launcher. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great new start! I look forward to watching it grow.

Sounds like your hubby was having a little too much fun with that rocket!

Linda said...

Wonderful start on Earth Sampler....I have the chart too. I love TPN designs...hugs, Linda

Deb/LavenderRose said...

Hi! Thought I would stop by your blog to get more acquainted before we start our "Emblem..." Quaker RR. I've enjoyed seeing your stitching and learning a little about you Suzanne. :] Your new "Earth Sampler" is just darling. Maybe I should start mine...? LOL
Hugs, Deb

Lelia said...

Love your earth sampler. Tho, I'm all for anything with an alphabet!!! LOL

ENjoy the evening

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Your earth sampler is looking lovely. It is quite appropriate going with the rest of your postl
Love your DH's rocket.
I can see why Aurelia had so much fun with it. Is that along the Nepean. - Sandra.

Brigitte said...

Great choice of a new start.