Thursday, 16 July 2009

The end of our RR has arrived

I am so very pleased to say, that I have stitched on the very last RR piece in the Little House Needleworks RR. I finished Julianne's square yesterday and I am really pleased with how it turned out. Julianne requested a theme of Country Stitcher/City Stitcher and I decided to put together my dream country manor.


The house, big tree and squirrel are from 'Little House Neighbourhood', the sheep from 'Wool Needlebook and Scissor Fob', the hare is from 'Woodland Samplings', the topiary trees and hedge from 'Season of Rest' and finally, the flowers and gate from 'Season of Hope'. I have a photo of the overall RR. It all looks great, I am sure Julianne will love it.


So ends my RR commitment. I am a little sad, as I really enjoyed putting together everyone's squares. I am sure that I will do another RR again, they are a lot of fun.

Jolene is having a great giveaway on her blog Dip Diddly Designs, check out her blog. Jolene is only new to blogging, but boy does she stitch some wonderful designs.

I know this is really late, but here is an update of my Ort Jar for the Totally Useless SAL. I originally had it in a glass bowl, but it was getting really dusty and looking very yucky. I transferred the contents into this new jar, but I am filling it up pretty quickly.


Ranae and I are stitching the Earth Sampler by The Primitive Needle as a SAL on Friday nights, if you would like to join us, please let me or Ranae know.
Amelie started her new swimming lessons on Saturday and she really had a whole lot of fun and didn't get upset or cry once during the lesson. Our new instructor Kelly has taught Aurelia since she was six months old and is the best instructor I had ever met. I am so glad that we were able to get Amelie into her classes.


PS. I have to apologise for the photo of Flax Fields, I just realised that I took a photo of my progress, but there had been no progress at all. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking.

25 comments:

Cathy B said...

Great job Suzanne! I'm sure that Julianne will absolutely love your square. Her RR has turned out great!

Kathy A. said...

That is a lovely choice for Julianne's RR. The entire RR looks wonderful. I understand how sad when a RR comes to an end.
Amelia looks like she is having a great time in the water. Our three grandkids are all water babies.

karenv said...

You did a beautiful job Suzanne, I really love your choice of motifs for your square.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

What a wonderful square you pulled together. Congrats on the finish. CJ ok;-)

Margit said...

You did such a wonderful job on your selection and stitching! I wish I would be the owner of this adorable RR. :)

Lili said...

Great job on the RR!
Amelie's the cutest baby!
I have a lot to catch up on your blog. I'm going to do it now.
Just wanted to say Hi, and thank you for always being there and commenting on my blog. You are so kind and supportive. Thank you, Suzanne.
Many hugs,
Lili

Tracy J said...

Both your stitching and the entire piece are gorgeous!

Ranae said...

Your sqaure is fantastic and the overall RR looks fabulous.
Just coming in from mowing that pool sure looks refreshing.
I can't wait till tomorrow, lol

Melissa said...

Lovely stitching on the RR!

Lisa said...

The RR turned out beautiful, it will be nice to see yours when it comes home, cant wait to stitch on it for you.

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

The square you did is simply wonderful! I love it. Thanks so much for adding your creative talents and flawless stitching to my rr.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great RR!

Brigitte said...

This RR looks so beautiful and I love your contribution,

Margaret said...

You RR square is lovely Suzanne. Love the way you combined various designs to fit together so perfectly.

Amelie is so cute and looks very comfortable with her instructor.

JOLENE said...

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for the sweet comment you posted about my blog, Dip Diddly. You are stitching some beautiful projects. Love the "Flax Fields" one. I will add my name to your list of followers. Best of luck on winning the La D Da kit!!!

Cheryl said...

That RR is beautiful!
Thats great Amelie is enjoying her lessons! Caleb really enjoys going swimming

Jan said...

what a lovely RR, Suzanne!! No apologies on your stitching of lack of, necessary. You have been super busy! Love it you are getting your wee one swim lessons.

Michelle said...

What a lovely RR. Your square looks so sweet.

Your new jar is getting full! Enjoy Earth Sampler.. I just finished Yule Sampler. It was fun too!

That's great that you started swimming lessons when Amelie is so young. Looks like fun! I wish I had a pool since we are going on day 7 of 100+ degrees.

Have a nice day,

Michelle

Beatrice said...

That is a lovely RR. Nice job!
Aww swimming is so much fun. Stay cool!

Siobhan said...

What a gorgeous RR! I love your square. Great job. Enjoy the swim lessons--I miss those days with my young babies. ;)

WendyJo said...

A lovely RR Suzanne!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway :)

Michelle

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Your square looks lovely on Julianne's RR. I am sure she is going to love it. Her RR looks lovely doesn't it.

I'm so glad that Amelie is enjoying her swimming lessons. It is so important that kids learn to swim.

Looks like the cold weather is coming back. We have already had a shower this morning. - Sandra.

Kim B said...

What a great RR contribution! And look at that sweet little swimmer!

KaLu said...

the RR looks great!!! and glad amelie could get into aurelias swimming class and off the evil ones from before she looks like shes having a good time