Wednesday, 5 August 2009

All my progress

Here is what I have been up to this last few or so. I have been continuing to stitch 'Earth Sampler' by The Primitive Needle every Friday night and here is where I am up to. The gaps are because I am still awaiting some threads that I ordered. I wish I could stitch more, but I just can't stay awake any longer than around 11pm on Fridays. I start to make lots of mistakes, so I just waste my time that way.


I have made progress this time on 'Flax Fields' by Carriage House Samplings. This one has been difficult to stitch as the weather has been very dry and my hands even drier. Even though I have been using some great hand cream, I am finding my hands catch the silk thread.


'My Needle and My Floss' by Waxing Moon Designs is coming along as well. Not as fast as I would like, but I really just can't get into this one. I am not liking the fabric or threads. Her face blends into her cuffs which blend into her dress. Her dress looks like she had a terrible accident with the coffee pot.

I have also been working on more secret stitching and hopefully, when I have more than five minutes without the help of my almost three year old expert, I can finish them and send them off. Some are PIFs, some are just gifts. But who needs an almost three year old who wants to snip and glue everything she sees helping??? Aurelia just wants to help with everything and always says she won't touch, but those little fingers seem to be on everything all the time.

25 comments:

Dianne said...

Beautiful job on ALL accounts! I'm the same way about stitching at night. I can't stay up too late...the eyelids just won't stay open and it's not worth all the frogging :)

Becky K in OK said...

Great progress you've made. I love the colors in the ES.

Kim B said...

Beautiful progress!And the coffee pot comment made me chuckle!!

Lisa said...

My 5 year old son still has a problem with wayward fingers when he says he wants to look and not touch Mummy's pretty stitching. hehe

Katrina in NZ said...

wonderful progress there - I just love the blues in Flax fields :)

Melissa said...

Lots of lovely stitching - must be the help from the 3 yr old! ;-)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your wips are looking great. I know exactly what you mean about little fingers getting into everything, my kids just don't get 'don't touch'!!!

Daniela said...

You made great progress. I love all of your stitching, especially the Flax Field

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Try Eucerin PLUS intensive repair hand creme. It is the best, I carry it with me all the time. Your stitching all looks great even My Needle and My Floss. CJ ok;-)

Ranae said...

ES looks great. I had trouble with mine in the beginning. I love to stitch at night. I have tried in the mornings but my eyes feel like they are still colsed, lol.
I adore those colors in Flax Fields

Siobhan said...

Beautiful progress on all the projects! Gorgeous stitching! I have the first two in my stash waiting to be stitched. I know what you mean about the dry hands. I lather my hands with cream at night to try to combat the dryness. Constantly washing them when you have little kids, though, makes it hard!

Michelle said...

You are working on some great projects.. I'm stitching with silk for the first time and loving it!

Michelle

KaLu said...

oh kids! im still trying to get alondra from snatching my stitching from my hand and running ... she says ... is coz lalu is so beutiful i want wuaaaannn ... lol ... right now she stays away coz i accidently on purpose poked her with the needle .. heehee i know im evil...

anyways you have made great progress on all of these .. im still loving the colors of the silks theyre so bright and pretty

samplerlover said...

Me again, great progress on all your projects. I laughed when I read about the ladies face with the coffee pot.

Great scissors BTW. Have a good weekend -Sandra.

Cheryl said...

Your stitching looks great. Let hope she doesnt start snipping away at your fabric though aaahh!!

Sonda in OR said...

Your progress looks great! Love that Earth Sampler...and I know what you mean about the colors on My Needle and My Floss. I wasn't exactly thrilled with them when I was stitching it...but I got through it...reluctantly. :)

Lelia said...

IDK - your stitching looks pretty good here in the pictures.

If you aren't happy with fiber choices, change them!

Enjoy the day : )

Kajsa said...

What lovely WIP's. The colors in flax fields are beautiful!

timetostitch said...

I love seeing your progress photos and I can relate with the stitching/falling asleep, dry hands in the winter AND the 3 year old wanting to "help".
Are you me only on the other side of the world?
;)
Petra

Dani - tkdchick said...

You're making good progress on all of your projects. Sorry to hear you're not happy with your colour on My Needle and Floss, can you tweak the colours somehow???

Brigitte said...

Versy pretty projeczs that you have on the go.

Margit said...

:))) You just made me laugh out loud about your Waxing Moon stitching. I guess, if I ever do it I will change the colors.
But like always you do adorable stitchings!

Mylene said...

Beautiful progress on all your projects.

We're home a week now but still not in the mood to pick up my stitching. I miss home too much.

Beatrice said...

Oh My... I like the colours on My needle My floss.
All of the pieces look great!

Kathy A. said...

Your stitching progresses are wonderful. Maybe a little color adjustment to My Needle and Floss will help.
How lucky you were to meet Sandra.I am sure she is as lovely as she seems on her blog.
I have long admired her beautiful work and would love to meet some of my blogging friends one day.