Monday, 3 August 2009

Lots of Goodies

A while back I had lent Margaret a copy of one of my charts so she could stitch a basket band. When Margaret returned it this week, she popped in a little handmade gift as a thank you. She sent this wonderful pear which is so beautifully stitched. I really hadn't expected anything, so it was a wonderful treat. Thank you Margaret, it's absolutely delightful.


I also received a beautifully stitched gift from Joan. I signed up for a PIF from her earlier in the year and she has already stitched them. This is a long pillow with a design from the 'Thank You Sarah Tobias' book. I really love this design and it was the reason I bought the book in the first place. Thank you very much Joan, I really love this pillow as do both of my daughters.


Finally, the last is a chart that I won from Paulette of Plum Street Samplers. She recently had a blog giveaway and I was lucky enough to be able to choose one of her beautiful designs. I decided that I just couldn't go past 'A Handwork's Pace’. Thank you Paulette for this wonderful gift.




PS. The beautiful Scissoroo scissors you can see in the pictures have severe corrosion on the handles. I have only ever used the pair once using clean dry hands, otherwise they have been stored in their case. I am so disappointed that they have deteriorated so quickly (I only purchased them in March). Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

5 comments:

Kim B said...

You have been a very blessed stitcher! I'm no help with the scissors. What a disappointment.

Brigitte said...

Oh my Suzanne, you've received some very nice gifties. Enjoy them.
Sorry, no idea what you could do about your scissors. That shouldn't happen.

Ranae said...

Beautiful finishes you received.
Sorry! about the scissors, no help here

Andrea said...

Beautiful gifts. No idea about the scissors either I'm afraid. I've never heard of that happening before.

Margit said...

I love your gifts!
Can't you just send the scissors back? I am pretty sure that it has to do with the material and the company probably got some complaints about them already.