Sunday, 23 August 2009

Stitching Progress

I managed to finish some stitching during the week. The dreaded whitework project that I fell out of love with is finished. I think if I had used evenweave fabric I would have liked it better as the stitches would have looked better. I tried a new finish by stitching the twisted thread around the outside of the pillow. I think I may have needed to twist it a lot more than I did, but for a first attempt, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.


Design: Beginner Whitework Ornament(freebie found here)
Designer: Teresa Wentzler
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - Platinum
Thread: DMC and Mill Hill beads
Finish: Pillow

Next is a piece that I stopped only because I don't stitch on Aida anymore. I figured that since I wanted to get my WIPs out of the way, I should get it finished. I think I may finish it as a pinkeep.


Design: Victorian Blooms
Designer: Sally Gilpin
Fabric: 14ct cream Aida
Thread: From kit

Now that I have finished this lovely design, I thought that someone may like to give it a go as well and on linen I think it would look great. So if anyone is interested please leave a comment. I will include the leftover thread as well, because there is no specific thread brand given and only generic colour names. I will draw a name on the 28th August, when I will be having another giveaway to celebrate my birthday.

On Thursday my order from an ONS arrived and I received the missing threads for Earth Sampler. So on Friday night I was very busy stitching away to catch up to Ranae. I think I am a little behind, but nearly finished. I am hoping to get it finished by next Friday.


A while back, Lisa had received her RR back, but not all the fish had been stitched, so I offered to stitch a little on it for her. I have really enjoyed stitching on the two little fish and loved it so much, I am stitching the last fish for her at the moment. I hope you don't mind Lisa, your RR will come back completed. It was a bit strange feeling to go from stitching on 40ct to stitching on 14ct Aida. A lot easier on the eyes, that's for sure.


The last piece I have to show is my start on the new RR I have joined. Edgar very kindly sent me an invitation to join An Emblem Of Love RR. I have decided to stitch it on 36ct Ivory Edinburgh linen, using the polychromatic version. I am using the recommended threads with only one substitution for the Olde Willow Stitchery thread that I have been unable to source. This is such a wonderful piece to stitch, very relaxing and such wonderful colours.


Well, that's all for me for a little while. The laundry renovations have begun and my craft room and study are off limits from tomorrow until the dusty demolition work is completed. I think I have piled up enough projects on the dinner table to keep me busy for the week. I should get plenty of stitching done with no washing or ironing to do for two weeks and very limited household chores. My next post should be on Friday, my birthday with the announcement of the giveaway winner.

17 comments:

Cathy B said...

You've made great progress on your WIPs - congratulations!

I bet it will be nice to get the laundry room renovations done; it's been awhile since that room flooded on you!

Lisa said...

I picked up Earth Sampler today - after seeing yours I'm glad I did!

Linda said...

Lovely finishes and your WIPs are looking great...I love Earth Sampler...it's in my stash. Have a nice week and happy stitching...hugs, Linda

Lisa said...

WOW thanks Suzanne, I cant wait to see it all finished up. I know the feeling about stitching on aida again after you have converted to evenweave or linen, its really strange. Love your other WIP progress too.

Margit said...

I think your Whitework Ornament turned out wonderful! Thanks for the link. ...I can understand that you do not want to stitch on Aida, but the motif you stitched is very pretty! Seems, like your fishes look perfect with the other one. Will you show a picture of the complete RR, please?

Cheryl said...

Limited household chores...now that sounds great!
Lots of lovely stitching, how do you find the time?!
Would love to enter your giveaway, its a pretty design

Mylene said...

The whitework ornament turned out lovely and i really love the Earth Sampler, it is coming along great.

Kim B said...

Lovely finishes! And your WIPs look great too!

Chiloe said...

Nice finishes !!!

I love the fishes too.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful stitching! I love your Earth Sampler--it is sooo pretty. I really need to get stitching on mine. Your finishing is fabulous, too!

Happy belated birthday to Aurelia!

Jackie said...

I'm sorry to hear you fell out of love with your whitework project. It is Gorgeous!

I'm a soon to be stitcher - first lesson tomorrow - and I really enjoyed reading your blog. You Dream Country Manor below is wonderful!

Kathy A. said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Aurelia. They sure grow fast!
Love love love your whitework pillow. I think you did a wonderful job of finishing it!
Good luck with the latest renos.

Michelle said...

First of all, happy birthday to Aurelia! The birthday cake is so girly!

Your WIPs look fantastic ~ I love the TW freebie... you are making great progress on Earth Sampler too!


Michelle

KaLu said...

omg thats alot of progress! and they are all so pretty

add me to the drawing for a chance to win its a really pretty design

i find it hard to stitch on aida also when i try to i feel it takes me twice as long to finish something ***evenweave iover*** =]

and great start on emblem of love ive seen it on other blogs and its a really beautiful design ... maybe one day ill be able to stitch it too =]

Ranae said...

Very nice finishes. And the WIP's look great. I didn't get my ES done with all that's was going on.
I have a couple of numbers and the hand, maybe this week.
I love those fish and so would my hubby.
Nice start on the RR

Carol R said...

I love your start on EofLRR - the colours are gorgeous - I can't wait to stitch on this one!

Lynn said...

Your whitework pillow is sooo beautiful! I love it! All your WIP are looking great. I was catching up on earlier posts and I really like the blues in Flax Field. Sorry it's giving you so much trouble. I would love to be considered in your draw. Please include me. Happy Birthday too!