Monday, 26 October 2009

Where does the time go?

Everyday has been so busy for me, I wake up, feed the kids, tidy their mess and before I know it, it's lunch time. So I feed the kids, tidy their mess and then it's time for preparing dinner. I feed the kids, tidy their mess, shower them and put them to bed. (Do you see a pattern!) This leaves me with so little stitching time. I usually stitch in the evening before bed, so I have only an hour or so at the moment.

We have also been having the brick dividing wall between our kitchen and lounge room rendered. The guys did a fantastic job and considering the floor was carpeted on the lounge room side, they hardly left a mark on the floor. What has been left is right next to the wall and will be easily vacuumed up once the wall has dried enough for the vacuum nozzle to touch the wall. Our house renovations are coming to an end, our ensuite should be done early next year, which will leave us with a little painting and then the new timber floors go down.


So this is all I have achieved recently. I have completed stitching my section of Deb's Emblem Of Love RR. She has chosen the loveliest pink linen and beautiful silks.


I also stitched this little piece for Terry for the Hooked On Exchanging Halloween exchange. It's a little portion of the Prairie Schooler Design "When Witches Go Riding". I have finished it into a long hanging pillow with a beaded border. I have to apologise to Terry as a few days after I posted the exchange, I realised I forgot to backstitch the pumpkin's teeth and the cat's whiskers. I still think it looks good though.



Design: When Witches Go Riding Book No. 148 (Top border portion only)
Designer: The Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen - sand
Thread: DMC
Finish: Beaded hanging pillow



We had a very busy weekend this weekend past. On Saturday we had a look at some timber floors and decking. The prices vary incredibly, so we are now awaiting someone to come and measure everything up for us and give us a quote. We had to drive all the way into the city, so we thought it was a great opportunity to have an impromptu picnic by the water. A little fish and chips and a rug and we had two very happy girls.


On Sunday we celebrated my Dad's birthday by having a family Yum Cha lunch. We had a great time and as you can see by the photos, Amelie thought it was fantastic. She had a try of almost everything and enjoyed it all. While we were dining, a thunderstorm blew over and we had to try and make our way through the Sydney streets with a pram, one umbrella and torrential rain. My DH and I were soaked and not too happy, the girls, who were on the pram and under the umbrella thought it was the best time ever. I suppose that's kids for you.

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Yep that is one way to spend a busy week. Soon enought they will be grown and you'll be wishing for these days.
Lovely trip into town. Love the photos. That face is just priceless.

Kim B said...

I commiserate! I can hardly catch my breath most days. But those little mess-makers are pretty amazing none-the-less.

Love that exchange! And what beautiful linen for the RR.

Lisa said...

Oh I know the feeling about house reno's, we have just finished our kitchen now but I still have to pick out splashback tiles, its driving me nuts, I just dont know what to go with. Our next job is probably re-carpeting bedrooms and getting our ensuite done. YAY!!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, you really sound very busy. I can't imagine house renovations with two little ones around, lol. But you seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
That exchnage piece looks very lovely.

Cheryl said...

Yes i can totally relate to your days...and i only have the one child LOL That's great you're trying the chore rota as well! Maybe you will keep me motivated, i did nothing but the basics this week. In fact i didnt even print the thing out this week. But todays a new day LOL Let me know how you get on!
That Halloween piece is great-your finishing is really beautiful. And speaking of beautiful i love that beach picture. Nice to see when its cold, dark and dreary here and its only 8.45am!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooooh love that little exchange piece you stitched up! Lovely RR too!

Lynn said...

I don't know how you manage your renovations with two little ones around. I'm going crazy and it's just DH and me. I'm wishing I could be at that beach where you had your picnic. It looks beautiful.

Your Halloween pillow is just too cute! I don't think she'll miss the backstitching either.

Kajsa said...

I recognize that pattern, sounds like you are describing my life;). Lovely stitching that you got in that hour in the evening. Your girls are getting so big!

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved Grandmother. She sounds as if she was a wonderful lady.
My goodness you have got a lot going on at the moment haven't you. What with house renovations and the 2 girls. Lovely photos of them BTW.
Deb's RR is looking lovely isn't it. I have this sampler in one of my bedrooms.
Hey, have you ever been to Rick Rutherfords Shop in Lawson (the other side of the railway line). Went there yesterday. They have the most beautiful collection of things there and a lot of lovely Christmas decorations. Not a place for my DH he would walk in and tell me that I don't need any of this junk and walk out lol. - Thinking of you - Sandra.