Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Earth Sampler

First I would like to say thank you to all the lovely people who sent me emails of condolences for the passing of my grandmother. I think I have sent all of you an email of thanks. My family and myself appreciate all the sentiments and that your thoughts and prayers were with us during this time.


Well, well, well! My missing threads finally came in and I was able to finish the last few numbers of Earth Sampler. I was on such a role and then I ran out of WDW Charcoal. It took several weeks for my order to come in and then I somehow lost my enthusiasm to finish. The other night I decided enough was enough and I pulled that baby out of the basket and finished it, yeah!!


Design: Earth Sampler
Designer: The Primitive Needle
Fabric: 40ct Natural linen by SewItAll
Thread: Gentle Arts and Weeks Dye Works


I received this chart from Karen when she had a giveaway on her blog. Now I would like to do the same here. If you would like to go into the draw for the chart "Earth Sampler" by The Primitive Needle, just leave a comment indicating that you would like to be entered in the draw. I will be drawing a name on the 21st November.


A few weeks ago I had read on Cheryl's blog that she was trying the Motivated Mums, chore planner. Now, I am terrible at getting my chores done and sometimes the house is quite disgraceful. So I downloaded the last few months of the year planner and I am giving it a trial to see how I go. I started on Sunday, and so far it seems to be working. The house is cleaner than ever before, but I have two whinging, whining children who seem to know when I need to get work done and are on a mission to make the house as messy as possible. The two follow me around wanting to be picked up and carried about, they pull things from the shelves and cupboards and spread them throughout the house. I love my kids to bits, but they can be so trying at times. Some chores take a long time, especially with three bathrooms in the house and with two kids, some chores need to be done a little more often than the planner suggests, but so far so good. The only things I can't seem to get done are the Sunday "Pamper Yourself" and the daily "Quiet Time". Oh well, can't win them all!

25 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations of your lovely finish. Earth Sampler is beautiful.
Hope the new planner works for you and the children figure out that mom is busy for just a little bit lol

Rowyn said...

That's a lovely finish Suzanne.

I was sorry to read about your Grandmother. It's never easy to lose a loved one, whether it be sudden or expected. I hope everyone is bearing up OK.

Good luck with your chore planner.

Moni said...

Dear Suzanne,
I am so sorry to learn about your dear Grandmother. I can easily imagine how you feel, since I lost both my beloved grandmothers and my mother(so young, she was only 54...), too. I am with you with all my heart and my prayers and want to send you my big hug.
I am so sorry I am not able to be a good blogger...I do not leave comments regularly and I do not update my blog often, but I really follow your posts every day and feel like you are a friend of mine.
Your posts and needleworks are always a real pleasure to read and to admire.
Thank you for sharing and, again, please accept my condolences.
A big hug,
Monica

Nic said...

I was sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, it's still difficult for me to come to terms with losing my own, so I know it must be tough for you.

However, I hope your stitching is giving you solace, and your sampler is lovely ... I would be so pleased to be entered in the draw for the chart.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finish, Suzanne! It is lovely.

House cleaning with two young kids... I always remember the quote about how cleaning house with young kids is like shoveling snow during a blizzard. Don't be hard on yourself, and remember that they're only young once. They won't remember that things were tidy but rather that you played with them. I know it's a constant battle and that you want the house to be presentable for visitors or just comfortable but it is hard. Sorry for the lecture, just remembering how hard it was when my kids were young. Shoot, they're teenagers now & the house looks like a bomb went off by the time everybody's off to school on Monday. My stitching was always my refuge, because it was the one thing that stayed completed, as opposed to laundry and cooking and cleaning! Hang in there.

Big hugs about your grandmother.

Kathy said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish. It is lovely.

As for housecleaning and children. Well, it never ends. :) Much more important are the hugs, the laughs and the love.

Kajsa said...

Great finish! Good for you that you picked it up again.

Please put my name in for the drawing!

Michelle said...

Hi Suzanne..

I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing..

Your drawing is generous, but I'm just leaving a post to say hello, as I already have this chart in my stash.

Deb said...

Great finish! That's a great design and I'd love to be entered in to win.

Are you sure that my kids are residing in your house? It sure sounds like it. The minute I clean something up, in they come (along with the third kid, DH) and just tear the place apart. I think the only ones that I could get accomplished are the Quiet Time and Pamper Yourself. Yeah, right, who am I kidding? LOL

Ranae said...

Earth Sampler looks fabulous, How are you gonna finish it? I don't have a clue what to do with mine.
So Sorry for your loss
(((hugs)))
Good Luck on the chore planner

Margit said...

Suzanne, I am very sorry about your Grandmom! ...your Earth Sampler is just wonderful and the colors are perfect with it.
Hugs, Margit

Cathy B said...

Hi Suzanne - somehow I missed the post about your grandmother; so sorry to learn of her passing.

Wasn't Earth Sampler a fun stitch (despite having to wait for threads!) So cute!

Good luck with the organizing -- I'm still trying to figure it out!

Mylene said...

Congrats on your lovely finish!
I like to join in the draw, thanks.

Good luck in your organizing efforts.

Brigitte said...

Earth sampler is just great. Congratualtions on finishing it.

Angela P said...

Congrats on the earth sampler finish, it's just lovely :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

I am so sorry to read about your Grandmother, it is always difficult to lose someone that you love. Congratulations on finishing Earth Sampler. ((((HUGS))))

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
Congratulations on finishing your Sampler. It looks lovely. See you do do samplers.
Yes, I totally agree with Siobhan and Deb with your children. Believe me they don't get any tidier as they grow up. I think they get worse. Some days, I go into bedrooms and just stand there and shake my head. - Sandra.

Cheryl said...

Tidying and cleaning, it is never ending i know! Glad the planner is working so far. Ive not been so good with mine recently but im not giving up! Ive noticed a difference (for the worst) in the last week when ive not used it.
Earth Sampler is lovely, congrats on your finish

Kat said...

You did a wonderful job on that lovely sampler! Please include me in the drawing.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne, I'm so behind on thigns in the stitching blogger world! I'm sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful happy dance!

Becky K in OK said...

I love this design. Please include me in your draw.

Barbara J said...

Lovely finish and thank you for your giveaway. Please add my name in the draw.

Virpi said...

Your stitching looks so great that I had to sent this entry too.

Heather said...

great finish, I love to be counted in to win

Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, been behind in my reading.
please enter me in your wonderful drawing