Friday, 1 January 2010

A Year In Review

A new year has begun, so it's a time to reflect what I achieved with my stitching over the last year.

  • 12 Blessings of Christmas by Lizzie Kate - still not finished
  • Red Thread by Bent Creek - still only halfway there
  • Angel of Winter by Lavender Angels - not a stitch was put in her
  • One exchange for Fair & Square
  • Two exchanges for Hooked On Exchanging
  • Three exchanges for the Year Long Prairie Schooler Exchange
  • Four exchanges for Friends Through Thread
  • One exchange for the Lizzie Kate Exchange
  • Completed the Little House Needleworks RR
  • Started the Emblem Of Love RR
  • 32 finishes
  • 9 finishes for myself
  • 23 finishes for others
  • 13 WIP's

I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit this year, but sadly very little of the stitching was for myself. This year I still want to participate in some exchanges, but I am going to limit myself to a significantly smaller number. I learnt so many new techniques and attempted many new finishes, but I need some of these for myself. I am going to start to tackle the list of charts that I have kitted up and see where I go from there.

Wishing you all a very happy new year!


Detailed list of finishes:

Fancy Work - O Tannenbaum
Lizzie*Kate - Spring Sampler (HoE)
Barbara Ana Designs - Halloween Biscornu (BoB)
Lody Steward - Stitcher's Journey Fob One
The Prairie Schooler - Prairie Birds - Sparrows (F&S #11)
Debbie Draper Designs - Spring Flowers (BoB)
The Prairie Schooler - Autumn Leaves - Autumn Foursome (YLPSE)
The Drawn Thread - motifs from Toccata Number II (FTT)
Little House Needleworks - Joan's RR square
Elizabeth's Designs - Dear Friend (Gift)
The Drawn Thread - Little Spot Sampler
Lody Steward - Summer Flowers Sewing Set - Biscornu (BoB)
Blackbird Designs - Their Song - Stitcher's Book (FTT)
The Prairie Schooler - Spring & Fall - May (YLPSE)
Little House Needleworks - Julianne's RR square
Sally Gilpin - Victorian Blooms
Teresa Wentzler - Beginner Whitework Project
The Prairie Schooler - Floral Bookmark (Gift)
With My Needle - Emblem of Love - My RR
River Fish Sampler - Lisa's RR
Marie Auriau - Black Needles Needlebook (FTT)
With My Needle - Emblem of Love - Deb's RR
The Prairie Schooler - When Witches Go Riding - Border (HoE)
Lizzie Kate - Summer ABC's (LKE)
The Primitive Needle - Earth Sampler
With My Needle - Acorn Sewing Case - Needlebook
Praiseworthy Stitches - Christmas Poinsettia Topiary (FTT)
Bent Creek - Red Winged Blackbird (PIF)
Lizzie Kate - Life's A Stitch (PIF)
Prairie Schooler Santa - The Prairie Schooler (YLPSE)
Elizabeth's Designs - Bee Hive (PIF)
Lody Steward - A Stitcher's Journey Fob Two (Gift)

25 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on all those finishes! I am impressed! I hope you will have a great year to come! Thank you for all your visits!

Happy New Year!

Deb said...

My goodness - that's a lot of finishes! I hope you have a wonderful new year and stick with your resolution - make more things for yourself!

Lisa said...

Happy New Year to you and yours dear friend. Look forward to a wonderful stitchy year ahead.
LISA V

Kim B said...

That is an impressive list of finishes! Congrats! I think it's sweet that you shared your stitching with so many :)

Happy New Year!!

Cathy B said...

Happy New Year Suzanne!

Jackie said...

Wow! You accomplished a lot in 2009! I can't wait to see what you do in 2010. Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Lots of great projects you have finished this past year! Wishing you a wonderful New Year and more time to stitch for yourself :)

Margit said...

Suzanne, I wish you and your family a Happy New Year!
...will write more in my next comment. Sorry, that I have not written anything lately. :(((
Hugs, Margit

Brigitte said...

Wow, a great list of accomplishments. You were stitching a lot. Also your kitted project sound great, it's a great adea to list them in the side bar. Maybe I should do the same because I often forget about them when they are in a box and I don't see them any longer.
I feel the same about exchanges. I love them very much but in 2009 I reduced the number significantly and I felt much better with fewer exchnages. But I don't want to give them up.
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.

Siobhan said...

Congratulations on the finishes! I am a very selfish stitcher, but readily admit it. I love to use my stitching to decorate my house. I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with 2010. Wishing you and your family a very blessed, happy & healthy new year.

Clare said...

That is a very impressive stitched list! Well done.

Best wishes for 2010.

Clare

Beatrice said...

Happy New Year.
Boy that is quite the list of finishes.
Congratulations!!
Well done!

Kathy A. said...

Happy New Year to you and the family.
You can be very proud of your list of finishes for this year.

Linda said...

Wow! What a wonderful list of finishes.
Happy New Year to you and yours may it be a happy and healthy one~~and may 2010 bring you much stitching joy..hugs, Linda

Lynn said...

Wow Suzanne, that list of finishes is incredible. I didn't accomplish half that amount and I don't have two little ones around. I hope you have just as much success with your stitching in 2010,and more stitching for yourself. You deserve it!
Hope you have recovered from the post holiday lows and are back on track now.

Tammy said...

You were prolific this past year! What a great list of finishes-you should be proud!

Kajsa said...

Good grief, you did get a lot stitched up! Good job girl!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne, great stitching accomplisments for 2009. I've enjoyed seeing everything and look forward to what you've got coming up in 2010!!!

How about a personal exchange sometime?

Crazee4books said...

Hi Suzanne,

Oh my!! I look at your list of
finishes for this year and I have
to admit a few moments of envy.
I believe that my stitching for
2009 totals 4. Very sad. I plan
to do better in 2010.

It seems quite a few stitchers
are planning to cut back on
their participation in exchanges
this year. And just about every-
one agrees that exchanges are
very addictive, so it's hard to
stop.

Your Christmas baking sounds
and looks scrumptious!! The
fruit cake is especially lovely
to look at, and delicious to
eat I'm sure. I'm intrigued
by the clove and almond short
bread. I've never heard of
using cloves in shortbread, or
any other kind of cookie for
that matter.

Your LHN RR looks amazing!!
Some really wonderful stitching
went on there and now I'm curious
to see how you'll finish it off.

Stash!!! OMG!!! It all looks
so wonderful!! What do you
think you'll start first???
Don't you think that the charts
themselves are as nice to look
at in their own right as the
designs inside them??

Loved seeing the picture of
Aurelia on horseback. She looks
quite confident and comfortable
up there.

Thank you for your comment on
my blog. I hope you and your
family have a wonderful and
happy New Year too.

Cheers!

WendyJo said...

Happy New Year to you Suzanne!

Congrats on the finshes and best wishes for many more in 2010!!

Jill said...

Happy New Year Suzanne!
Thanks for the great comment you left on my blog. You accomplished quite a bit last year. Congrats! I hope you will participate in more Fair and Square exchanges this year.
Jill

Michelle said...

You've had a busy year! Congrats on the finishes.. I find myself being more selfish with my stitching and saving more for my home. Happy New Year!

Sonda in OR said...

You sure got a lot done, even with two little ones! Congrats on all your finishes and I hope you have a wonderful 2010!

bathroom lights said...

Your blog is so cute!

Shay said...

Amazing list of finishes.
My goal for this year is to cross stitch all the time. I spent last year focusing on DIYing everything for my wedding, so this year I am devoted to my craft room. Hope to have a list like this next year.