Saturday, 27 March 2010

I am a slacker

I was shocked this morning to read that Kathy of Carriage House Samplings will no longer be designing and as of the end of the year her charts will no longer be available. Kathy's Black Willow Farm was the first chart for linen I ever purchased and I have completely fallen in love with her designs. I have slowly been collecting her charts, but I still have a long list on my wish list I want to still purchase. Perhaps I can make a few more purchases as the year goes on. Even though I am really sad and disappointed, I wish Kathy luck on her future endeavours.

Now why am I a slacker, well I have been meaning to post for the last week and a half and just couldn't get my act together. I have been stitching as much as time would permit, but I have been spending most of my time getting my house in order and my garden tidied up ready for Easter. With the new pergola going up, the garden was left in a mess, with the grass trampled and leaves and dirt everywhere. I purchased my DH a pressure cleaner on the weekend and he has been cleaning all my paving. I never realised how dirty the pavers were until they were cleaned, it's a job we really should have done a long time ago.

Here is my progress on my current WIP's. First of all is Rites of Spring by Blackbird Designs and as you can see I am don't have too much more to go, I figure perhaps two weeks and it will be done.


Next up is The Mystery Bonus Sampler Part 1 by Blackbird Designs. I am really enjoying stitching this one and can't wait for the next part.


Finally, here is Hannah Lancaster by The Porcupine Collection. Although I spend a lot of time stitching on her, there never seems to be much progress. I have really fallen in love with stitching samplers and can see many more in the future.


Now here is another reason that I have been such a slacker. Both Margaret and Lynn gave me awards, but I haven't acknowledged them on my blog. Sorry Margaret and Lynn, I do appreciate being nominated, so here it is.


Now for ten things you may not know about me.

  1. I am obsessed with organisation. I love to make lists, have all my things sorted. I can't stand when a set has something missing and will spend hours searching until it is found.
  2. I have a passion for cooking. When I renovated the kitchen, I spent way more than I should have and installed the best appliances that I could afford and had a cabinet built especially for my collection of cook books and cooking magazines. I have enough dinner plates and cutlery to feed a small army.
  3. My favourite part of the day is after the children have gone to bed and I can sit and sew in peace in front of the TV. I am usually in a very bad mood if I don't get to do this.
  4. I hate the hot weather or even warm weather for that matter. I would prefer to have very cold weather all year round.
  5. I love growing phalaenopsis orchids and have three beautiful specimens. I hope to add to my collection over time, but these are another expensive hobby.
  6. I hate shopping, except stash shopping. I hate clothes shopping so much, I haven't updated or renewed my wardrobe for over five years. I pick up only what I desperately need and that's all. Although this year I think my hand has been forced, with many of my clothes looking very daggy and falling apart.
  7. I have a break in my collarbone which I discovered one day and have no idea how I did it.
  8. I am scared of seaweed, so I don't go swimming in the sea or where I can't see the bottom. I was particularly frightened when I went snorkeling with my DH.
  9. When I was young, I was a very good short distance runner, but never pursued this particular talent.
  10. I can play the piano, although I don't have one and haven't touched one for a very long time.

I know that I am supposed to pass this award on, but this time I am just going to have to pass on it, I know I'm a slacker!

10 comments:

Despina said...

lol, when you find this place let me know I will come with you lolol
"I hate the hot weather or even warm weather for that matter. I would prefer to have very cold weather all year round."

Siobhan said...

Great progress on your BBDs! Hannah looks great, too. Aren't repro samplers so fun? I always wonder what the girls who stitched them were doing and thinking as they worked on them, what they would think if they knew that 150+ years later, people were following their stitches. I always find that houses take forever to stitch, though I'm drawn to samplers with houses on them!

I can relate to your hating the heat! I enjoy wrapping up in sweaters and coats and scarves and blankets--I much prefer that to sweating or wearing short sleeves, etc. I'm also not a big shopper, either. Stash shopping or books--yes. Anything else, especially groceries--oy. Congratulations on the awards, I enjoyed reading more about you!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I too hate clothes shopping, and like you I only buy clothes when I rrreeeaaalllyyy have to. Your wips are looking great, I especially love Hannah Lancaster, she is coming along nicely.

Sally said...

You have some wonderful WIPs!

Jaimie said...

Hi Suzanne! It's been a long time and I've missed you. I stopped blogging for a while but have a new one now.

Your Rites of Spring is just beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Jaimie

Jackie said...

I love the part of the HL sampler that you're currently stitching. It's my favorite part! All of your WIPS are lovely.

I'm a pretty new stitcher but am still sad to hear the news about Carriage House Samplings. I like so many of her things. I'll need to stockpile.

samplerlover said...

Hi Suzanne,
It is lovely to see Hannah from a different angle lol. She is looking lovely. Your other 2 samplers are also looking good.
It is lovely to find out some more about you. I used to be scared of seaweed as well. I always imagined when I was small that there was a shark lurking amongst it.
The weather is getting cooler now isn't it. Good for stitching. We even had our fire going for 2 days during the week.
Have a lovely Easter break and I am sure the Easter Bunny will pay the girls a visit. - Sandra.

KaLu - Claudia said...

i loved! the ten facts about you!
im up for slacking ... something too many things just get in the way and the result is a fun filled bloggie post =]
All your wip's look great !

Lynn said...

Your WIP are looking fantastic!
I'm starting be drawn to all the samplers now too. I see so many lovely ones on all the blogs.

Okay I think you need to come my way if you love cold weather! I can guarantee it for about 2/3 of the year.
I would love to see pictures of your orchids sometime. They must be beautiful.


Have a blessed Easter weekend Suzanne!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Suzanne your WIPs are looking fantastic. Sad to see another designer quitting, so many have done so in the last 3 years! Hmmm does this mean we'll get caught up on all those projects we mean to stitch? Doubt it!