Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Sick Kids!

All last week Aurelia was sick, not with one bug, but two. She had a high fever for three days and was as miserable as can be. Her fever disappeared for a day and a half and then came back, but with a cold this time. She is feeling better this week though. This week it seems it is Amelie and my DH's turn. So far I seem to be OK apart from feeling a little tired. I have hardly been able to get anything done. I did manage to finish and post my Friends Through Thread exchange. I tried something a little different this time and I am really excited at how it turned out.

On the weekend my DH took down our pergola out the back. Hopefully next week they will be putting the new one up. Unfortunately this means that my back garden and my house are a mess. I just wish all this work would come to a finish soon.

On Monday the postman delivered a lovely pinkeep from Jill. She stitched me some motifs from the Sarah Tobias book by Blackbird Designs. I love this design particularly and it goes beautifully with the long pillow I received from Joan a while back. I am disappointed with our postal service though. It took over ten days to reach me from the US. This time last year it was only taking five days at the most. Thank you Jill for the beautiful pinkeep!


The only stitching I have managed apart from the exchange this last week has been my Rites Of Spring by Blackbird Designs. I have now stitched just a little over half way and I am really pleased at how it looks.

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Poor thing...sick twice in a week. It must have been a tough week for the family with everyone else getting sick.

What a lovely exchange piece. Rites of Spring looks lovely. Very appropriate stitching piece as everyone is looking to spring!

Margaret said...

Don't you hate it when the kids get sick? And especially when everyone catches it too! Hope you all feel better soon. Love the pinkeep you received. And your Rites of Spring looks great too! Hope your housework gets finished so the house gets back to normal soon.

Berit said...

Very pretty; LOVE the new pinkeep!

Nancy said...

Hope your family feels better soon! And, I hope you continue to stay well.

What a lovely pinkeep you received! I love the edging she used. Your Rites of Spring is very pretty - such gorgeous colors!

Kim B said...

Sick kids are no fun. I love that pinkeep you received! And Rites is looking amazing!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope that you are all feeling better soon. Rites of Spring in looking wonderful, and the pin-keep is gorgeous. I love your ensuite, you must be so looking forward to using it.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I so hope your DD is feeling better (and your dh, too!) soon. I hated when my kids ran fevers.

Love your pinkeep and ROS is beautiful - such soft, pretty colors!

Deb said...

I'm sorry to hear that everyone has been ill, but hopefully everyone will be better soon. Love the pinkeep and your Rites of Spring is wonderful too. Hope you can get more stitching in during the next week.

Kathy said...

I hope all are recovering and feeling much better.
Love, love, love your BBD Rites of Spring. The colors are just gorgeous.

Margit said...

I hope that your family gets well very soon and that you do not get sick!
This sure is a very lovely pinkeep that you got from Jill.
I love your Rites Of Spring. Those are also wonderful, soft colors!

Michelle said...

I hope Aurelia is feeling better soon. The pinkeep is so pretty.

Rites of Spring looks beautiful! You are making great progress..

Julianne said...

Suzanne,

I'm sorry to hear that you daughter has been sick. I hope she is feeling much better now.

Your Rites of Spring is really lovely and so is the pinkeep that Jill made for you. Those pins she used match perfectly.

Siobhan said...

I hope everybody is feeling better soon, Suxanne! What a lovely pinkeep from Jill, and your RoS looks great! Take care of yourself so that you don't get sick, too. Hang in there!

Mylene said...

Hello from sunny but pretty cold Texel. I hope everyone is feeling much better by now.
Lovely pinkeep you received and the Rites of Spring looks beautiful.

Brigitte said...

Rites of spring looks gorgeous. And the exchnage piece you received from Jill is just darling. It's from one of my favourite designs.
Poor girls. I've read that Aurelia is much better but not Amelie. Hopefully she and also your husband will be on the mend soon. And hopefully you won't get the bug. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.