Tuesday, 6 April 2010

I Need A Rest (Warning: Picture Heavy Post!!!)

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend. What a busy Easter weekend we have had. On Thursday my parents, DH and I took the children to The Sydney Royal Easter Show. It was a really long day, but I think they both enjoyed it. First order of the day was the Farmyard Nursery where the kids had a little fun. Aurelia loved feeding all the animals, but Amelie was quite frightened. The sheep and goats travelled around in this huge herd and ran at anyone who had food. She tried to climb up onto my head several times when the group came near us.


As you can see from the picture, quite an intimidating bunch when your so small. Next up we had a good look around the art, craft and cooking sections. The cakes were still being judged when we went through, so I didn't really get a good look at them. The craft work was beautiful and first off is a photo of the winning piece on linen 28ct and above.


I think my favourite exhibit in the show is the district exhibit in the food pavilion. Here districts showcase their produce in a beautiful display. I think my favorite is the one with the cows.


Finally here is a photo of Aurelia with my DH on the giant slide. When she got off she told me that she held daddy's hand because he was very scared and she looked after him so he felt better, how cute!


On Easter Sunday, we started the day off on a bad note. Amelie fell on the coffee table and bit almost all the way through her lip. As it was early (daylight savings had just finished) and Easter sunday, no doctor's surgeries were open, so we had to take her to the ER. They were very nice about it and quite quick to see her (about 2 hours). The plastic surgeon took a look and said she only needed a little glue to hold the cut together and she shouldn't have too much of a scar. By lunch time she was really happy, but trying for little sympathy from everyone. Amelie was wandering around my Mum's place after lunch pointing to her lip, pulling puppy-dog eyes and whimpering 'ow'. Talk about hamming it up!! Sunday turned out to be a lovely day having lunch with my parents, grandmother, brother and sister in-law and her parents.

Monday my DH and I spent the whole morning making a really yummy lunch, showcasing beautiful new season vegetables and a roast turkey. I had visited the Farmer's Markets on Saturday morning and picked up the freshest organic vegetables I have ever seen. I even roasted new season pears and apples and they were to die for. We have so many leftovers, but at least I don't have to cook for the next few days.

Despite how busy a weekend I had, I did manage to get some serious stitching in, but that's for another post.

16 comments:

KarenV said...

It sounds like you all had a fun time! :)

Mylene said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time at the Easter show. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures.

Sorry to hear about Amelie's fall, hope her lip heals quickly.

Jackie said...

What a great weekend! With kids, you just never know. Sometimes things scare them and other times they're just fine.

Margaret said...

First off, ouch! Poor Amelie!! I'm glad it was a simple fix, but boy that must have hurt! I loved seeing all the pics from the fair, especially the needlework. :D Glad you all had a good Easter in the end!

Julianne said...

I'm so glad your DD is ok. That sounded like a very painful injury.

Your meal sounds wonderful. I LOVE fresh vegetables. Glad to hear that you and your parents had a nice visit.

Lynn said...

Sounds like it was a lovely Easter weekend,minus Amelie's incident. I hope she's fully recovered now.
I understand how she could be frightened by all the animals. I remember taking my boys to the petting zoo and some of those goats could be rather pushy!

Karen said...

What an incredible show! I would *love* to go to something like that, but we don't have anything remotely like it around here. Sorry to hear about Aurelia. I'm glad she's okay, though.

Brigitte said...

That must have been a fun time for the whole family. Thanks for sharing all those pictures. It was so nice to see all these places.
Fortunately Amelie's fall didn't result in something serious.

Michelle said...

Your holiday sounds wonderful, except for DD's injury! Hope it heals extra quick..

Melissa said...

It sounds like such a lovely weekend. Glad Aurelia is fine. She's a cutie pie!

Jaimie said...

Wow, what a great weekend! I love the pics of your trip and the great crafts. Those sheep and goats are very scary for little kids sometimes, expecially when they are holding food! Poor little Amelie( love her name by the way)! Those accidents always happen at the worst times! Her appeals to sympathey are just like mine at that age! Glad she is ok and a belated Happy Easter to you!

Siobhan said...

What a fantastic weekend you had! Poor Amelie, I hope she's better... hopefully the time she had distracted her from her injuries. I loved your pics of the quilting and stitching! Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful weekend. I hope Amelie is healing nicely. I can't wait to see what you have been stitching on.

Kathy A. said...

Oh Suzanne - what absolutely wonderful photos. I wish I could have shared the experience.
The stitching is wonderful. All those amazingly talented people! WOW!
Thanks for sharing that day.

Lili said...

Looks like a great show!!!
Poor Amelie, and poor mum and dad. I can relate. It happened to my son when he was about 20 months old.
He's now 14 and has a very thin vertical scar between the nose and upper lip. You have to look very closely to see it. That's part of his charm, now.
Aurelia is a very brave little girl. ;)
I sooo love reading about your beautiful daughters...
HUgs!
Lili

Susan said...

Great pictures, Suzanne! I remember going to the Royal Melbourne Show almost every year when I was growing up!